Cabot Financial and Hitachi Nova loan

kev 123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no humble im neve:lol:r honest

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would agree with dx, for a debt of this size they are unlikely to give up quickly,

but with the help of this site and you demonstrating you know what you are doing

then they will get the message you will be no cash cow.

i have no idea how many bad debts these people have on the books at any one time

but they must only have limited resources and so will focus on those they feel they can bully into paying.

Cabot seems to have a lot of them on their books.

They are known for buying big portfolios of debts, the vast majority completely uncollectable.

They know they cant collect, but they still try.

In some cases, they even acknowledge that they there is no legal reason you should pay, but theres a moral one.

Sadly many thousands of people fall for their tricks which is why they are still in business.

Too many people break down, or simply think " if we pay them, theyll go away".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cabot seems to have a lot of them on their books. They are known for buying big portfolios of debts, the vast majority completely uncollectable. They know they cant collect, but they still try. In some cases, they even acknowledge that they there is no legal reason you should pay, but theres a moral one. Sadly many thousands of people fall for their tricks which is why they are still in business. Too many people break down, or simply think " if we pay them, theyll go away".

Bad grammar! "Cabot" and "moral" should not be used in the same sentence!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Lol, thanks for all your help SAR sent off this morning. Just see what turns up next

Evening,

I have not been answering any 0845 No's for obvious reasons (CABOT)

however the original letter i received stated that any future DD payments made to Hitachi would be forwarded to Cabot as they were now managing the account,

i subsequently have cancelled the DD to Hitachi so as not to give Cabot anything.

This evening after not answering numerous calls from an 0845 number

i have received a text message supposedly from Hitachi asking why i have cancelled the DD,

any ideas anyone?

check who owns that number

bet its cabot

cant ever see hitachi texting anyone.

cabot do though!!

we know of several mobiles they use

unless it was a BT text msg?

on a house phone?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The number is 0844 375 5488 it was received on my mobile. Is there any other way of finding out who owns the number without ringing it?

Just Googled the number and it belongs to Hitachi Collections, any ideas?

riht so the debt hasn't been sold then?

thought it had

dx

and they

This has got me really confused, if the debt hasn't been sold how have Cabot become involved? I will ring Hitachi in the morning to find out what is going on.

If you want to be given misinformation or outright lied to, phone them. I would strongly suggest you keep you contact in writing.

If the alleged debt is still owned by Hitachi, then Cabot are just acting as a debt collector.

david

Hi, I am new to the site and would appreciate some advice.

Today i received a letter from Cabot Financial stating

"The Cabot credit management group has recently bought the account you held with Hitachi Nova

and we are responsible for answering your queries and receiving payments.

According to our records you currently owe £ 13,323.22

Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options for repaying your account.

We are aware that an agreed Repayment Plan was in place on your account for £50 per month.

Cabot is willing to continue with this plan as long as you continue to make the agreed monthly payments directly to us."

The history is

i have held the account with Hitachi for 2 years never missed a payment,

i subsequently had an accident and was unable to work,

i came to the agreement with Hitachi 6 months ago

now out of the blue this letter drops on my doorstep.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

this post clearly states its been sold

so it is nothing to do with hitachi amymore

they have sold all rights etc

i'd phone them and wind them up

you've sold it

its nothing to do with you anymore

go away and remove my details from you data base or I will pursue you under a breach of section 10

dx

and they

Thanks for that Dave.

Should i still follow the same course of action and wait for responses from Hitachi and Cabot,

or should i reinstate the DD to Hitachi and carry on paying the amount agreed?

Can anyone help me on getting on the Webmail as each time i try i get an error message?

Agree with cashins.

i would write to Hitachi asking them to confirm ownership of the debt

and asking that if it has been sold then they should have no issue with cancelling a DD with them,

them them to go forth. i have just counted up them number of DDs i have with firms i owe no money to and the answer is zero.

important point - if they do still own the debt do not set up a DD - these are too dangerous as often stated on this site. if going to pay set up a SO - that way you remain in control of the amount.

Stay off phone unless very, very confident but best not to phone at all.

working days. Sar is calendar days.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caggers, I have received nothing zilch nada from either Hitachi regarding if they still own the account

and Cabot are just acting on there behalf,

or Cabot regarding the CCA request apart from the reply that they may get something within 40 days.

I have given Cabot the 12 plus 2,

should I wait to see if Hitachi respond regarding the account

or should i send Cabot the required letter,

I think it is the account in Dispute next.

All responses will be gratefully received.

If cabot have had their 12+2 and you havent recieved a valid agreement, then send them the dispute letter and ignore them.

Sorry if i seem a bit dim, but just to clarify

I sent Cabot the CCA request due to the fact the said they had bought the account from Hitachi.

Hitachi then asked why i had cancelled the debt,

i then asked for clarification from them regarding ownership of the account(No reply as of yet)

I did not send Hitachi a CCA request.

Should i have sent a CCA request to Hitachi,

swell as a SAR?

sorry if i confused you - cabot has the cca request which is right

- when time is up send them the account in dispute

- if they do send something post it up minus personal details so experts can look at it to see if enforceable.

doubt they will as debts sold en-masse with no paperwork so CRABOT will need to contact Hitachi, who would not have sold it if the paperwork existed.

Hitachi letter was just to confirm ownership of the debt and really to tell them you control your money not them.

if you feel the need for more info then SAR Hitachi - but i would hang fire for momemt. - better to find out your credit file from the CRAs.

good luck and do not worry