Sky taking money I don't owe ***RESOLVED***

momma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last October I ordered a SKy package TV, Broadband and Phone. I paid a deposit on my credit card of £20 and set up a direct debit to pay the subscription.

The TV was set up by SKy engineer and a further appointment made for the following week to set up broadband after phone activated (disabled and can't do it myself)

Well within the period of my cancellation rights/cooling off period

- engineer said thirty days but contract states 8 days after service connection

(after having the TV for 3 days and 4 days before the phone was due to be activated along with the broadband)

( I cancelled the whole package by contacting customer support

who told me how to do it online (which I did)

and also sent a recorded delivery letter (which was signed for)

also asking them to come and pick up their equipment by a certain date

as I was unexpectidly having to leave that property

and move in with my daughter and could not take the service with me.

I had just rented a property when the owner decided that she had made a mistake

and wanted the property back if possible,

and asked if she could terminate the contract by returning my months rent,

deposit and paying for my removal costs plus half a months rent as compensation

although she was happy for me to stay for the one month to allow me to make other arrangements.

I was happy to do this.

The TV was installed 3 days after I moved in and the phone and broadband was due to be installed 8/9 days later.

To get back to the story:

Sky obviously received the cancellation as they immediately terminated the TV

and the engineer never came to connect the broadband

although for some bizarre reason they connected the phone

(although I gave them 4 days notice not to connect, when only 24 hours was required),

I was moving out 2 weeks later, which I did.

What SKy did not do was to stop charging me for services not received or installed,

them being legally cancelled in the method as per sky's instruction.

I wrote to them again (recorded delivery)

and pointed out this error and also as per my first letter,

please remove your equipment( by date *** as i will no longer live at this address)

and cut off the phone, which you should not have connected in the first place as the order was cancelled.

I only needed the phone line in the first instance so that I could operate broadband

and catch up as I have speech and hearing difficulties and don't use a phone.

I also contacted customer support who told me that even though the equipment was free,

they still considered it mine and did not want it back. I then though all was in order.

In January I found £100 taken from my credit card by SKY.

They had retained my credit card details although I was informed

when I set up the order that they NEVER keep credit card details

and NEVER use them to take money from customers accounts

unless a mandate has been set up and signed.

WRONG!!!

I contacted my credit card company who immediately issued a refund

and put a monitor in place so that SKY cannot do it again.

I checked into this closed SKY account and found that they were billing me for a further two months service

before they closed the account down (total of £62)

I wrote a further letter (recorded delivery) informing SKY that the service was cancelled 4 days

before the phone and broadband and that they had terminated my TV immediately

( it was active for 5 days in total) and not only that,

they claimed that I still owed them £62 BUT had taken

£100 directly from my credit card without any authorisation.

I received no reply but instead received a letter from a Debt Collection Agency

stating that I now owed them money, but not stating how much.

I emailed the debt collection agency and told them that they were mistaken

and I neither owed SKY or them any money.

I then received an email from this agency apologising stating that they will remove my details

from their records and not contact me again, which they have not.

I have now checked my credit card again and this month SKY have taken a further £90 split into two amounts.

I have contacted my credit card company and once again they have refunded me the money.

I have now checked my closed SKY account and they are now going to bill me for a further £228!!!!!

The credit card company have said they will continue to refund me should SKY continue

to take money from my account as they now have a separate department to deal with service providers,

such as SKY who are continually engaging in treating their customers this way,

but this does not help me as I do not want this to go on month after month.

How can SKy charge me for services not received or connected and I am now owing them hundreds of pounds and they don't respond to either emails or recored delivery letters. I am at my wits end.:whoo::noidea:

I feel that not only did SKy take money fraudulently from my account but I am being harassed and bullied and I can't see a way out.

Thank you so much, so I just copy the complaints to both email addresses in the hope that one of them takes it seriously?

Is there any evidence that going straight to the 'top' as it were, actually works?

Despite the actions taken already outlined in my thread, I must have filled in 10 or more online forms to get this resolved but only received one or two replies asking me to telephone them when I stress I am not able to do that.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all illiterate or that they do not like to put things down in writing in case they incriminate themselves!:-x

Thank you so much, so I just copy the complaints to both email addresses in the hope that one of them takes it seriously?

Is there any evidence that going straight to the 'top' as it were, actually works?

Despite the actions taken already outlined in my thread, I must have filled in 10 or more online forms to get this resolved but only received one or two replies asking me to telephone them when I stress I am not able to do that.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all illiterate or that they do not like to put things down in writing in case they incriminate themselves!:-x

I always aim for the top after giving the correct complaints procedure a go, if it goes no where.

I've had answers from these email addresses before.

I would outline what's happened as you have here. If you can, attach the letter you sent and include the tracking proof to prove they got it.

See what happens from there.

Will do, thanks.

I have also got a letter from Royal Mail confirming when Sky received these recorded delivery letters with the receipients signature and the date it was signed for. Hopefully, this should help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and sorry for the very late response to your reply.

Yes!! I received a very prompt response and apology, and my account is now properly closed with a great big NIL balance.........................................................................:amen::cheer2:

Hi and sorry for the very late response to your reply.

Yes!! I received a very prompt response and apology, and my account is now properly closed with a great big NIL balance.........................................................................:amen::cheer2:

:thumb: Good stuff :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert