Co-op Unfair charges need advice

Readybrek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened an account in sept 2009 and everything going fine until they started hitting me with charges and finally closing the account in march 2011.

My question is that

I have just found the welcome pack sent from them,

and noticed in there term and conditions sent with the pack that it says they will charge me if i go in a unauthorized overdraft

or dd/cheques are returned but there is no mention of what they will charge.

I thought that they will have to tell you their charges

and if this correct

can i reclaim my charges back due to them not informing me of the exact amount.

Many thanks for looking and take care all of you.

What was the amount they charged you? As they arent allowed to charge an extortionate amount.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thats not allowed iirc, they can only charge a fair amount, and that was around £12 and not set in stone.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A complaint outlining that £12.00 is considered an acceptable or fair amount for such actions and to charge more us unfair and request the difference back.

What is the status of the account now?

Edited by caro

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There has never been any suggestion that £12 is an acceptable amount for bank charges, and the OP has already stated that the account is closed.

I suggest that you take a look at BCOBS and use them to claim back charges.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ANY PENALTY fee whatever the level is unlawful because it is a fixed sum penalty.

BCOBS!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There has never been any suggestion that £12 is an acceptable amount for bank charges, and the OP has already stated that the account is closed.

I suggest that you take a look at BCOBS and use them to claim back charges.

That is wrong, OFT stated that charges above £12.00 would be considered unfair most financial institutions have complied with this see

OFT Press release 2006!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No??

OFT Press release 2006!!!!!!!

That was made during the OFT investigation into bank charges but referred to credit card charges. There was never a suggestion that bank charges should be set at that rate.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That is wrong, OFT stated that charges above £12.00 would be considered unfair most financial institutions have complied with this see

OFT Press release 2006!!

You edited as I was posting. As I said, this referred to credit card charges.

What's Best for You?

As you also point out, it was a press release.

What's Best for You?

As you also point out, it was a press release.

Ohh dear!!!

There are many instances from 2006 to the present day that when it has been suggested

(a suggestion as you say) that £12.00 charges would not be considered unfair I believe

that some banks actually reduced charges for returned cheques/DDs etc., to £5- £8 after OFT intervention all except HSBC from memory which continued charges at £30- £35.

Ohh dear!!!

There are many instances from 2006 to the present day that when it has been suggested

(a suggestion as you say) that £12.00 charges would not be considered unfair I believe

that some banks actually reduced charges for returned cheques/DDs etc., to £5- £8 after OFT intervention all except HSBC from memory which continued charges at £30- £35.

I am well aware that banks have reduced their charges since 2006, but not anything to say that £12 wouldn't be unfair. Who has said this and can you provide a link please?

What's Best for You?