Vodafone PAYG number ?deleted

DMW123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm not getting anywhere with dealing with Vodafone so thought someone here may have some advice.

At the beginning of December 2013 Vodafone requested that I needed to have my SIM card replaced as the old one would expire at the beginning of January 2014. The new card arrived (after asking them again) and I wanted advice in transferring my number and the PAYG credit. The nightmare began with being passed from department to department (they had a special number set up to deal with this, but they only had five members of staff and only open office hours, so the phone was seldom answered). Eventually Vodafone suggested I take my phone to a Vodafone shop and they would do a SIM swap. I did this, but now my number doesn't appear to exist at all. Also, the temporary number issued on the new SIM no longer exists.

I wasn't allowed to talk to a supervisor and only one of my letters of complain has been answered - they said that they had tried to contact me on the temporary number but it would not connect and that they would investigate.

I'm not a massive user, but I certainly used to use the phone to make chargeable calls regularly and, more importantly, receive calls related to my business. I have had to remove my mobile number from my websites, social media and my business cards all need to have the mobile crossed out prior to giving them out (very professional looking that is).

I'm appalled by the customer service from Vodafone and completely at a loss as to how to resolve this. I tried the ombudsman, but they wouldn't help before Vodafone had been given two months to resolve it from my first complain.

One of my letters was addressed to the CEO, the other addressed to the Customer Relations Manager (same address).

If anyone has any suggestions that may help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Dayve

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As you have done most of what I would have suggested, I think you could let Lee have a go. His record on CAG is quite good.

If you follow the instructions in the link below FULLY

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

and when you get an automated reply number in an email, post the number here so that Lee can find you on his systems

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi DMW123,

I'm sorry to read about your recent experience with us.

As suggested by silverfox, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK