Yes car credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going to claim back ppi from yes car / direct auto finance, don't have paperwork, any info on what I do and who to write to as last letter has been returned as no longer at this address, bought the car about 2000

Edited by Ande4

Hi and welcome to CAG

What address did you use to contact YCC?

A simple letter should suffice but some companies will require you to send a SAR

In our library is a SAR template letter. Once we have the correct address you send them that with a £10 postal order and they will send you all the account info.

Companies have a duty to keep account info for 6 years after the account is closed. How long ago did you use the account?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome to CAG

What address did you use to contact YCC?

A simple letter should suffice but some companies will require you to send a SAR

In our library is a SAR template letter. Once we have the correct address you send them that with a £10 postal order and they will send you all the account info.

Companies have a duty to keep account info for 6 years after the account is closed. How long ago did you use the account?

You don't need to send a SAR to complain, just a letter of complaint giving your reasons. The SAR method is only really used by people who want to jump on the bandwagon but aren't sure if they've had PPI or if they've got anything to complain about.

There is also no requirement to keep records for six years. Many do as this is seen as best practice and covers the potential liability period under the Limitations Act.. However, it is not a legal obligation.

Going to claim back ppi from yes car / direct auto finance, don't have paperwork, any info on what I do and who to write to as last letter has been returned as no longer at this address, bought the car about 2000

You wouldn't send any complaint to them in any case, you would send it to the seller of the insurance (presumably the garage where you bought the car). However, if the date of purchase is as above they do not have to consider the complaint.

You don't need to send a SAR to complain, just a letter of complaint giving your reasons. The SAR method is only really used by people who want to jump on the bandwagon but aren't sure if they've had PPI or if they've got anything to complain about.

There is also no requirement to keep records for six years. Many do as this is seen as best practice and covers the potential liability period under the Limitations Act.. However, it is not a legal obligation.

This is incorrect. My answer was slightly wrong too.

This is from the HMRC website regarding the Money Laundering regulations.

It's very important that you keep a record of all customer due diligence measures that you carry out, including customer identification documents that you've obtained. By keeping comprehensive records you'll be able to show that your business has complied with the Money Laundering Regulations. This is crucial to protect your business if there's an investigation into one of your customers.

The types of record you keep may include:

• daily records of transactions
  • receipts
  • cheques
  • paying-in books
  • customer correspondence

You can keep your records in any of the following formats:

• originals
  • photocopies
  • microfiche
  • scanned
  • computerised or electronic

You must keep your records for five years beginning on either:

the date a business relationship end

the date a transaction is completed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Take a look at my thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?381105-Yes-Car-Credit-Direct-Auto-Finance-PPI-REclaim

I wrote to their Bradford address at Direct Auto Finance Ltd, No 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 2SU

They do hold an awful lot of information on your account still. Mine was from 2002 but it was still 48 pages long and contained things I'd never even seen before.

This is incorrect. My answer was slightly wrong too.

This is from the HMRC website regarding the Money Laundering regulations.

That only relates to the customer due diligence measures that they have carried out, I.e the copies of your passport and gas bills that they usually ask for when opening your account. It doesn't relate to records of specific accounts you hold. I.e as long as they retain your identity proof for five years they can junk everything else. This case is outside even that time frame in any event.

Ande4 - just so you are prepared; all YCC agreements were HP rather than unsecured credit, and these account types were not regulated by the FOS until 2005. As you agreement was started before then, YCC can, and probably will, tell you to get lost, as they know you cannot take your complaint to the ombudsman. I am not saying that you should not try, but simply warning you not to get your hopes up.

Ande4 - just so you are prepared; all YCC agreements were HP rather than unsecured credit, and these account types were not regulated by the FOS until 2005. As you agreement was started before then, YCC can, and probably will, tell you to get lost, as they know you cannot take your complaint to the ombudsman. I am not saying that you should not try, but simply warning you not to get your hopes up.

You would certainly need to be prepared to go to court.