Unenforceable agreements under the Consumer Credit Act

Stub001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They mean Rankine vs Amex and others. Most of the judgment flies in the face of case law from higher courts.

However, it is less clear to me that the part of the judgment about ss77&78 only applying until the agreement is terminated is not binding, even if it is unhelpful and counter-intuitive. I asked about this a while back in another thread but didn't get any response.

Marlin are wrong about the agreement being void though - if it were, they would have nothing to claim on at all. I presume that they meant to say something different.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For an agreement made online in 2006, an e-signature is valid. However, the other requirements still apply. If you can scan up a copy of what you have been sent, then someone can have a look at it for you and advise accordingly. That is not my area of expertise.

Getting your CCA is not an end in itself. If the creditor cannot produce anything, then they fall at what is just the first hurdle.

The other requirements relate to things like whether or not the prescribed terms are set out in the document, the layout of the document and even the heading on it.

What to do is to remove any personal details from the scan, upload it to Photobucket and post the link here.

• 2 weeks later...