style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for a house to rent for me and my daughter - I'm on Income Support - but all of the properties I'm finding are stating 'no DSS'.

However, If I ask my (working full-time) ex-husband to make the application with the lettings agency - so his name is on the contract, his bank details etc - would that then be an issue when it came to making a new Income Support claim for the new property - my name not being on the contract - despite him being my daughter's father?

I have a feeling the answer is yes, but I can't see any other way around this?

Many thanks.

Many landlords although they state no DSS are open to it. I walked in to an agency that has a blanket no DSS rule and talked about renting. The agent having talked to me asked me if I could provide a guarantor for the first 6 months rent, fortunately a friend was able to do this for me, after which I continued to rent from that agent without guarantor having proved I paid always on time etc.

Possibly your xh could be a guarantor for you? His name wouldn't be on the tenancy that way and no money changes hands (unless you don't pay your rent later!).

Thanks abc - I suggested that (via the agency) to the landlord - I *even* offered to pay 'rental insurance' (£150 a year) to cover him - the answer was still no.

I'm hoping that this was just a one off, but it's so frustrating as I've never missed a payment and am a perfect tenant - and this was an ideal house.

Are you on the social housing waiting list? If you are needing to move from where you are (ie been given notice to leave) and are unable to gain a new tenancy then the local authority have a duty to help you find housing if you have a child. Often they rent properties from property owners and then rent them out to tenants so you get the same tenancy agreement that you would get through an agency without needing to provide a deposit in advance etc. also it means the rent has to be below the LHA too which will help in the future. Definitely worth getting on their waiting list even if not imminently homeless.

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for a house to rent for me and my daughter - I'm on Income Support - but all of the properties I'm finding are stating 'no DSS'.

However, If I ask my (working full-time) ex-husband to make the application with the lettings agency - so his name is on the contract, his bank details etc - would that then be an issue when it came to making a new Income Support claim for the new property - my name not being on the contract - despite him being my daughter's father?

I have a feeling the answer is yes, but I can't see any other way around this?

Many thanks.

Is the Ex your asking to do a application for you,the same Ex you where posting about here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383390-Benefit-Fraud-Please-help!!

?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...