Orange Upgrade - lies to close a deal***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been with Orange for more than 10 years and every upgrade we always have a bit of a haggle, as annoying as that is I have accepted it. This time they have really annoyed me and now they have not responded to my complaint - after 8 days! here's the story:

I have upgraded from an iPhone 4s to a 5s. When negotiating the deal with the chap (whose name and extension have gone in my complaint) I told him I don't pay for phones and what could he do. He set out a deal which was acceptable (not as good as the deal I had agreed with the person I spoke to the day before of which there was apparently no record!). When I queried what size 5s he was giving me he said 16gb. I said I wasn't sure that would be big enough as I think my old one is bigger, he says he has checked the system and my old phone if a 16gb - OK, go ahead I say. my pics and music will fit on so that fine.

I create a back up of my 4s and then go to upload to the new 5s. There is not enough space to put stuff on. I end up having to delete loads of photos and can still only fit a fraction of my music on it! Something seemed wrong so I had another look at my old phone, dug out the box etc and determined it is a 32gb!! hence twice the size of the one I have been missold!

I have called orange and was advise to email my complaint to XXX @ orange (last Tuesday). I got a read receipt on Wednesday last week but have not heard anything since. I am sat here with a 4s I want to get wiped and sold, but I can't do that until I know I have everything transferred to a new phone and back up copy!

Today I have forward my original complaint to the email address they list in the Code of practice so will see how they respond!

Am I within my rights to cancel the whole contract and take my business somewhere else?. I can't stand being lied to and ignored. Not after 13 years of paying on time!

Cheers

Hi fkofilee - sorry, not the easiest thread to read but I have been 'given' a 16gb when I needed a 32gb! The guy on the phone claimed my existing one was 16gb when it was 32gb. I had been on the phone with him 20mins so I think he was keen to get rid of me and just lied as I can't believe that their system does not know what my last phone was. He said the system does know and told me it was 16gb and it was 32gb, hence the problem!

The guys at EE have 8 weeks to investigate... But i wouldnt hold your breath.

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=12015

Email the CEO with the email in the link above... Youll get an answer

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

I emailed again on the 6th.

Called on the 11th and was cut off when the guy realised it was not going to be easy. Note: the orange options when you dial in don't seem to include one for complaints/problems such as this and hence you end up with an upgrade person or similar.

Followed up with email on the 11th.

I got a call back from a very helpful lady from the Customer Services department called Paula on the 13th. Understood the issue and sorted it very quickly. In fact the next day I had a new 32gb phone delivered need and I paid less than oranges normal market rate in view of the hassle and poor service (close to new contract rate). Have to say, Paula was very good. Orange managed to tie me in for another 2years, making it 14 years now!

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread