Cabot & Mackenzie Hall chasing Citi debt advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a credit card with I think Citibank, which I defaulted on due to not having a job.

This debt has been 'sold' to Cabot and this is on my credit file as an open account,

and they are reporting each month as default.

First question,

the debt default date was 07/06/2008, so I am presuming that this will drop off my credit file in July this year 2014?

As this will be 6 years from default and I have had no correspondence with Cabot about the debt or even acknowledged it.

Next question,

this debt has been passed on to Mackenzie Hall to chase and I go through phases where they call both my home phone and mobile.

Again I don't answer the calls, and have even blocked the numbers

but they are using a variety of numbers to call and text me.

When the debt disappears from my credit file,

does this then means it's statue barred?

If so are there letters/ advice someone can point me to about how to follow this up and get rid of it.

This is the last of my debts, that are showing on my credit file so I just want to be rid of it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

The date of default is after the last date of payment. It is different to the sb date. Chances are it could already be sb or very close to it which is why mucky hall and crapbot are stepping up the harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, I've just been looking through old credit reports that I've kept and there is nothing on there showing last payment date. Is it best to wait until it disappears from my credit report before taking action, as I don't want it to reappear on my credit report for another 6 years!

If they're just issuing threats then yea. Lie low. Regarding pauments, perhaps check bank statements.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Once a debt hits Muck Hall, the chances are they don't have the correct paperwork to satisfy any claim to the debt. MH are the last resort in many cases as they are the lowest of the low when it comes to a DCA

I had a debt with Citi which was with Cabot. I CCAd them in 2008. Haven't heard a peep since. SB this October :-D May be I will get Muck Hall on my case too.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE