Ignored First Civil Enforcement Ltd PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some advice on a Parking Charge Notice I have received from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I had watched the Watchdog programme a long while ago that said to ignore these if you receive them.

I then received the second letter that says about Section 4 and that the owner of the car is liable for the charge.

Having now read through the forums I can see that I should have raised a appeal through POPLA,

but there has been too much time since the first letter arrive.

Can I carry on ignoring these letters?

Do not ignore. It's a bad idea. Show your teeth so that they understand that it will cost them to get any money out of you.

You don't need to worry about Popla. Do send them a letter telling them that you deny any liability. Tell them that you want to know whether they believe that the money they are asking for represents their actual losses which may have been caused by you and if so - you want them to demonstrate that. Say to them that if their losses are a different figure - then what is that figure and how is it justified. Ask them for evidence that they are authorised to bring a legal action against you or whether any legal action will be brought directly buy their client. Tell them that in the event of legal proceedings, you will ask them to produce all of this information in court.

Tell them that on receipt of satisfactory answers, you may consider their request.

Send that letter now. Don't bother to send them anything else until you get some court papers

Civil Enforcement Ltd look like they are going out of business so I doubt if they will do much at all. They will tell you they ahve all sorts of rights but if they want to claim them they have to follow certain procedures and they are not very good at that.