Buckingham Palace..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no, they have more money then any of us, get rid of the lot of them :p

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

good idea CD, let some rooms to the poor!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Or you could level the monstrosity, return the land back to open/common space for the masses to enjoy and not just a bunch of toffed up snobs.

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

or a MaC D'S!

How much revenue will be lost to the country if Buck House is levelled and tourists can't go there? How many jobs would be lost, not just there, but in London? if it hasn't been rewired since the 1940's would it pass Health and Safety requirements for renting it out?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It feels rather strange in that yes the queen pays income tax but apparently not at the top rate. How does that work ?

Because she doesnt get a salary as such. her income is like steve jobs. very low salary but a lot of benefits. Simply put, legal tax evasion.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

wonder if she pays bedroom tax? :jaw:

Or you could level the monstrosity, return the land back to open/common space for the masses to enjoy and not just a bunch of toffed up snobs.

Hmm, having met the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and also Princess Anne, I would disagree with your description. They are genuinely nice people. I would agree that those "minor" royals outside of the immediate family should not be supported by the tax payer, but are they ?

What must it be like to be in the public eye 24/7 - I wouldnt like it, even with all the fringe benefits !

Do you honestly believe it would be any less taxing on the public purse to have a President ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would hate to live my life in the public eye as the royals do. A president can choose to stand for office, but because of an accident of birth their every move is subject to scrutiny. At least the queen pays some tax, which she didn't used to and she doesn't evade it by moving everything to some tax haven.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Theres no reason to have an outdated system as a monarchy in todays society but thats for another discussion.

Theres no reason we should pay ANYTHING to upkeep the palace but I dont see the status quo changing anytine soon.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Theres no reason to have an outdated system as a monarchy in todays society but thats for another discussion.

Theres no reason we should pay ANYTHING to upkeep the palace but I dont see the status quo changing anytine soon.

I agree with you. The idea that you can have a system where a selective group of people can pass on unelected power and unearned wealth is quite simply an insult to democracy..

The Queen and some members of the Royal Family are excellent ambassadors for the UK and I have no problem with her being "paid" to do this.

I have problems knowing that Members of Parliament are being paid huge amounts of expenses by the tax payer - how many of them are there.. ? 630 ? Most if not all are drawing salaries to do their job. At the same time they pretty much exist on the tax payer with their subsidised housing and travel.

Do you honestly believe if the Royal Family were no longer, that money would stay in the Public purse, of course not - it would be given to those "priviliged" few who would need to do her job.

Do you think that tourists would pay to visit the Blair's homes or treasures?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Personal I would turn BP into a CAB

Giving out advice to those who are genuinely on the bread line,struggling to pay there bills,council tax arrears,TV licence,rent and so on !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

turn it into a theme park!