Mackenzie Hall?

ce3oir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems there's a lot of bad press to do with MH on here.. I dont know much about them, but I receieved a letter yesterday.

Theyve been calling me for a few weeks and leaving odd voicemails with an automated message asking me to call back. Which I haven't.

I'm currently on a DMP with 'The Money Group' as my debts with Wonga and QuickQuid got out of hand.

Wonga seem to have gone quiet on me, so

I assume they have accepted the agreement with my DMP but

QQ contacted me about a month ago saying I had 7 days to arrange payments.

I spoke to a rep and offered a token £10 payment (all I could afford)

and he said this would hold my account until the DMP payment was received.

I'm unsure whether the issue is with the DMP company, me, the loan companies.. who?

But the address the letter came to is my Mothers and I'm absolutely petrified they will show up on the doorstep.

My Mum doesnt know about my debt and it will destroy our relationship.

Help please. What to do?

Ok so what is the liklihood of them showing up? And what do I do with regards to contacting MH? I have emailed QQ to see if they can bring the debt back to themselves and hopefully this situation could be resolved but somehow I think I'm being very optimistic.

By the way those phone calls you're getting? They are probably for the Wonga account hence why they have gone quiet.

Wonga is a big client for Mac Hall.. Know someone who worked for Mac Hall who said 35% of the accounts they get are Wonga.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Nope Quickbridge is Wongas old trading name.

QQ will be shown as QQ on your credit profile... I would watch out, they may transfer the debt to Motor Mouth Finance or also Marshall Hoares Bailiffs... But then again they may be out of business. (MHB I mean)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

No they dont, but honestly they should with the "Guidelines" set out by the OFT for debt collection.

But if they dont, then ask Stepchange to make Token payments regardless ...

If it goes to court (Normally doesnt), you will have shown an effort and it may be frowned upon by a judge if they decline a DMP.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Okay nothing to OTT:)

You can get through this... People have been through nearly 10 x that amount here and offer their advice as best as they can...

Im currently 9k, its nothing to worry about.

If MMF do end up getting the QQ debt then it wont be so much of a worry as we will help you :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you, I really appreciate your help and advice.

It's just made tougher that I've kept this to myself; my mother and partner have no idea about any of this. So doorstep visits are the last bloody thing I would need. Letters are enough!

Yesterday i told my mum how deep i was in... All i got was judged on, but when i spoke to my nan, she said i was doing the right thing by fighting for my rights etc...

Doorstep visits... As the legendary DX100Uk would say

- They have no rights

- They are not Bailiffs and cannot force entry

- You can send them off

- You can send letters to a DCA to say in writing only and nothing else (Phone calls etc, Emails, Visits)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So is the best step to respond to MH in letter saying all interaction to be done via letter? I was considering providing them with my work address as this will defer from my mothers address and the fact that I don't actually have a set address right now..

Also, I was going to do what you did and talk to my mum, but she gets very judgemental on debts and it will literally destroy our relationship. My partner is very approachable but I'm just scared of being judged there too!

No!!!! Never give your work address... DCAs want as much info as they can... Dont give them it!

Besides visiting work etc is against the guidelines set by the OFT...

Send a letter telling them all correspondence to be done in writing and continue your payments to Wonga direct.

Also you can only tell someone when your ready to tell them, dont feel pressured to telling someone something personal like this...

Ive only done it because it was the right time.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It is your absolute right to communicate by letter. There are plenty of draft letters in teh CAG library - top left of the screen - highlighted in green. Have a read of them and choose the one best suited to your situation.

StepChange should be able to help you sort out an affordable repayment schedule and make contact with the creditors on your behalf. Once this has been done, then IMHO there should be no more threats of doorstep visits or telephone calls. If you do receive them after you have entered into a repayment plan then you should make a complaint to the OFT.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

your biggest enemy here is that fee paying DMP

DUMP THEM tomorrow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...