Do these T & Cs conflict with Distance Selling Regulations?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We were interested in buying some items from an Online store until I read this in their returns policy;

Returns

If for any reason, you are not completely happy with your purchase we will give you a full refund, or replacement, with no hassle and no fuss. All we ask is that you return the item within 7 days and that you return the item in its original unused condition (unless there is a defect with the product).

To arrange a return or refund it would be really helpful if you could contact us first, as there may be circumstances where it may not be necessary for you to go to the inconvenience of returning the product. You can either call us or email us, as follows:

Surely under DSR you do not have to return the item within 7 days, but do need to notify them that you do not want the product? If the time is faulty then they have to pay the postage otherwise according to DSR it is your responsibility.

For an item where you have changed your mind or rejected the goods after inspection you have 7 days to notify the supplier (or return the item without notifying them). If their terms and conditions stipulate that you return the items then you do so and likewise the return postage costs are down to the T&C's for items that are as described, of merchantable quality and fit for purpose. In other words if they dont say you pay the return postage that automatically means that the seller does.

The terms cited above fit the DSR's but to my mind they could make it clearer who pays the postage as it appears that they are inviting you to let them make the arrangements for the return and thus they pay for the return.

This is incorrect:

All we ask is that you return the item within 7 days and that you return the item in its original unused condition (unless there is a defect with the product)

They can't say unused condition, You have not had the opportunity to inspect the item so how can you return unused until inspected or even tried.

My local computer shop also has the same conditions but a monitor I returned under the DSR after I had unpacked it and tried it (2 dead pixels) and not bothered

about dead pixel warranty from manufacturers I returned under DSR and full refund no messing around. Will always buy online now for anything like a monitor,

£35 to check the monitor for dead pixels is just a rip off, Buy online check it out if bad return under DSR.

Only slight snag was it took 5 days for the money to go back to my payment card.

George