contract with a cleaning company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i hope some one can help me i have a contract with a large cleaning company they have just announced that the place where i work they have lost the contract could some one tell me my legal rights :???: will the new company that as won the contract sack me :???:

Edited by sukinath

Hi i hope some one can help me i have a contract with a large cleaning company they have just announced that the place where i work they have lost the contract could some one tell me my legal rights will the new company that as won the contract sack me

As stated on a previous thread, I own a facility management company and I can confirm that TUPE applies where you are part of an 'organised grouping' (legal way of saying that you're the one who does the work) on a contract which has been lost to another company.

You have the right to be consulted over the transfer and the new company is obliged to ask for TUPE details from your current employer who is obliged to disclose them. It would be helpful, in terms of further guidance, if you could advise as to how long you've been working for your current employer and you should note that this length of service isn't tied to this particular contract.

I'd ask whether you're in a union or not but, based on my current experience with a disgruntled and dishonest former employee who is being thus represented, I'm not at all sure that this confers any advantage at all. Hand on heart, I believe that the individual would have been better advised to self represent using advice from this site..

• Confused 1