morrissons, tescos, £1 milk scam?

letsmakeamark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody figure out what these two are playing at with thier milk prices? If you buy a 4pint bottle of milk it is £1.39 but if you buy 3 then they are £1 each. Also at the same retailers buy a 6 pint bottle it is £1.79? What is going on? A six pinter should work out at £1.50 per bottle?

So whats cooking today ?

Yup. Thats how it works with supermarkets. tesco's morrisons and sainsburys had an offer on their jaffa cakes at christmas. £3 for a pack of 48, or £1 for a pack of 24. Needless to say the 48 packs were on prime display, while the normal 24 packs were hidden on a shelf the other end of the shop. It;s just how supermarkets operate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its been there for months. Iceland have the same deal at £1 for 4 pints and the same with adsa etc. Also Some of the shops will do 2 6pint bottles for £3.00. With Morrison you can get the same deal at their petrol stations. Tesco on the other hand prices with a premium . You can buy a 2 liter bottle for 99p @ morrison.

So whats cooking today ?

And with perishable things like milk or cream where they have contracts to take a certain amount from suppliers they have to shift it quickly. Obviously the buyers can't always predict accurately how much will sell so sometimes they'll just have to shift it before it goes off. You'll also see from time to time that the sell by/use by date can be very short.

I'd buy three for £3 and freeze one or two of them.

ASDA's food is cheap and nasty. Thats their fresh food, not the brand names.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Morrison overcharged me on yogurts, went to get a refund, the customer service assistant said, quote 'I don't know why I'm giving you a refund' Refunded about to leave the store, the security guard stops me. I just stopped very briefly and carried on walking , you couldn't make it up.

That just sounds like a moronic sales assistant. Every supermarket has them.

I absolutely hate Asda and I use it far more than I should because it is a five minute drive away and Sainsbury's is 20-25 minutes away so nearly an hour for a round trip.

Two out of every three times I use Asda I am overcharged - on everything from two for x price to children's toys. I estimated in one year alone I had been overcharged by at least £40. There is always a queue at the Customer Services desk with only one person on it, and of course they troop off to the other side of the store to check that you are telling the truth when you say you have been overcharged although they are always very polite.

Their self-service tills are a nightmare and they have installed lots of those and removed checkouts where there was an operator. The Sainsbury's self-service tills don't cause nearly as many problems. Trust Asda to install the rubbishy ones.

I said to her several times, 'Lets check the ticketing at the yogurt bay' and she comes out with that. The frustration is that I got a refund the previous day and they still hadn't done anything about it. The yogurts were priced a £1 on the shelf, if you bought 2 then they were discounted to £1. But if you bought a single yogurt then it went through at £1.50 although the shelf pricing stated £1 for the range of yogurts. Lots of people just wouldn't notice.

That just sounds like a moronic sales assistant. Every supermarket has them.

I said to her several times, 'Lets check the ticketing at the yogurt bay' and she comes out with that. The frustration is that I got a refund the previous day and they still hadn't done anything about it. The yogurts were priced a £1 on the shelf, if you bought 2 then they were discounted to £1. But if you bought a single yogurt then it went through at £1.50 although the shelf pricing stated £1 for the range of yogurts. Lots of people just wouldn't notice.

I have the issue with the co-op where the wine is priced a certain amount but when it is scanned at the check out, its higher. What then follows is they have to call someone over to over ride the till, holding everyone else up. Its so embarrassing as it never changes..

It is the same with deodorant, Nivea Stress Protect 100ml can is £1.00 a can, the same product in 250ml size is £3.29.... so it is cheaper to buy 3 smaller sized cans (which actually works out cheaper and I find the smaller cans last longer too!).