lloyds tsb court case ppi - should we throw the towel in

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Firstly, I'm sorry I have not kept you all informed that offered me advice with the above problem , I have been really busy as daughter in law in 40hrs labour, (only came out Sunday) between looking after other grandson and hospital visits washing and ironing I have not had one min to my self.

So apologises for not keeping you updated with what was for me a really desperate situation to handle given my circumstances of the last few months.

Anyway, I took Mikes advice and with help from a team member who kindly drafted a letter for me, I posted it on 15th January recorded, fist, and signed for £6 75. Checked next day and was signed for by Walker at 7,35am.

Called the Solicitors office on 24th Jan, told not received a reply to my letter of the 15th, after a lot of apologies, asked If I would fax over a copy, which I did immediately. Also sent a copy in the post.

Received a letter this morning (27th) from Lloyds Solicitors, They have agreed NOT to seek costs if we discontinue with the claim. They asked me to notify the Court asap and file a Notice of Discontinuance (which I will do tomorrow) and asked that a copy of this be forwarded on to them.

Thank you all for your help, I felt everything was closing in on me and really did not know which way to turn, but thanks the CAG you have alleviated me from getting into a real mess

Thank you Mike so very much, your advice was as sound as ever.

I will now look forward to catching up on sleep and friends.

Regards Lynn

Its your responsibility to serve a copy of the Discontinuance on the claimant...not the Court.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

As I said Lloyds have agreed that they will not seek any costs if we discontinue the claim, it was Lloyds TSB solicitors that have stated in their letter that I must file a Notice of Discontinuance and they asked that a copy of this be forwarded on to them for their records

Surely they would know if this is the correct procedure for me to follow, or are they being pedantic and difficult.

Lynn

Yes that is correct Back I miss read... I thought you intended the court to serve a copy on them...you serve a copy with the Court/Defendant.:thumb:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks Mike for your very valued advise, you obviously know your subject very well.

Just finished the Discontinue Notice, so hope that's the end of the matter

Thanks again Lynn

Thanks Mike for your very valued advise, you obviously know your subject very well.

Just finished the Discontinue Notice, so hope that's the end of the matter

Thanks again Lynn

No probs, there's usually an alternative remedy to most issues without the need to admonish anyone... hope both you and your friend will sleep a little easier now this is resolved.

I would still consider taking it through the FSA......theres a lot of PPI here.

Andy

It's a hell of a lot of money but it depends on the content of correspondence in negotiating discontinuance I suppose... Drop hands is usually all or nothing :-(

Never stopped the big boys re issuing...just adjust the amount so its not statute barred...different claim.Drop hands shouldnt really apply to discontinuance.

Still its for the OP to consider.

This is true….. I think I may have subconsciously adjusted my moral compass to 'soft', lol

You could do with a few more claims against you Mike...losing the fire in your belly :wink:

Hi everyone

My friend is still insistent on going down the FSA route, however, its a lot of work for me and I'm not in a position to do the necessary paper work at least for a few weeks. Iv have a lot of personal problems at the moment.

IF he can still go down the FSA route he has said he is quite prepared to accept less compensation.

I would be grateful for all your thoughts

I will try for him if I can, as I believe he has a really solid case.

Thank again to all Lynn