"Better information means better care?" - Don't be fooled.

nolegion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You would think so, wouldn't you?

Time and time again, I find that I have to explain that I am allergic, seriously allergic to penicillin - even with the red warning sticker on the front of my notes !

Chances of me seeing my own GP is on a par with me wining the lottery !

It's a worry, isn't it. What happens to those people cognitively impaired or unconcious? Perhaps they do not live to tell the tale.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a worry, isn't it. What happens to those people cognitively impaired or unconcious? Perhaps they do not live to tell the tale.

Indeed - Doctors can bury their mistakes - literally !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i think this is the SC Record i referred to where if you go to a hospital etc elsewhere then they can look that up. apparently only for healthcare professionals.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Pages/overview.aspx

'Healthcare staff will ask for your permission every time they need to look at your Summary Care Record. If they cannot ask you (for example if you are unconscious or otherwise unable to communicate), healthcare staff may look at your record without asking you, because they consider that this is in your best interest. If they have to do this, this decision will be recorded and checked to ensure that the access was appropriate...'

http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/scr/patients/what

IMO

:-):rant:

i think this is the SC Record i referred to where if you go to a hospital etc elsewhere then they can look that up. apparently only for healthcare professionals.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Pages/overview.aspx

'Healthcare staff will ask for your permission every time they need to look at your Summary Care Record. If they cannot ask you (for example if you are unconscious or otherwise unable to communicate), healthcare staff may look at your record without asking you, because they consider that this is in your best interest. If they have to do this, this decision will be recorded and checked to ensure that the access was appropriate...'

http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/scr/patients/what

And just what record would they be looking up if I was bought in unconscious or otherwise unable to communicate and I had no ID with me and they don't know if I am Madamfluff or sweet Fanny Adams

Or they know I am Madamfluff but have no DOB or address, the SCR will be national and they may have a couple of hundred Madamfluffs records, now I may be the only Madamfluff registered on the IOW but we are a holiday island in peak tourist season so I may be the Madamfluff from Liverpool or Bolton.

When SCRs were first being discussed no-one could answer that question.

Also If I was bought in unconscious or otherwise unable to communicate and I was wearing a medi alert bracelet that's says I am allergic to Pennicillan but there is no mention of it on my SCR would they give it to me after all these records are supposed to be up to date and accurate again when I asked the question of someone who was trying to convince me an SCR would be to my benefit they didn't answer

I do not have a problem with the SC record per se. However, there are four issues:

- will it be referred to?: I have seen medics not reading patient notes, even on pre-planned appointments

- will it be accurate?: It is very difficult to get data changed even when it is found to be wrong, but who has sat and read through their health records lately?

- how secure is it?: The NHS has a poor record on data security and these records really are a fraudster's dream come true

- will it be sold/passed on?: I want to be sure my data is not given to any third-party outside of the NHS without my explicit consent. Right now, I'm not confident that this is the case.