style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mr W i received a call off these people the orther night i told them in writing im sure i will be getting something in the post soon lol:smile: there is a lot off guests:roll:

I was right i have received a nice letter FORMAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENTor go to court :roll:

Mr Worried,

Send the letter has Cerber gave the link for post #3.

I sent the exact same letter when Newmans tried it on after the account was passed on from DLC and have heard nothing since.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi All

As I was musing through the forums today I noticed a car outside my home which is not normally there, it remained for about 10 mins and the chap in the car was on the phone, he then got out of his car and brushed down his ill fitting suit with his small stubby hand ( very observant me y know ).

He then walked toward my home with me looking at him from my window and pursued to look my home up and down, I went outside and asked him if I could help him, he said nothing and returned to his car then drove away?

Is there anyway I can find out who he may be by locating the owner of the car?. ( I have reg no )

If not then no doubt I will recieve a letter in due course.

Cheers

Mr

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Yeh, that was my initial thought, but I want to keep it low key for now as Mrs W will go 'ape', and thats why I wondered if there was any way of finding out myself who the car belongs to?

Mr W

Report it to the police with the licence number - you are "worried that this was a burglar casing your property and would like a visit to establish whether he is"

And if he was a Collection Agent or connected to them, sue him/them for tort of trespass as clearly he/they did not have you permission to come onto your premises :oops:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I would hand the VRN to the Police with a description of him, you never know they may have had a few reports of this suspicious activity?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, That's probs gonna be my action plan, then let the Rozzers look into it.

Mr w

I would hand the VRN to the Police with a description of him, you never know they may have had a few reports of this suspicious activity?

If nothing else, you can ask the peelers to give you a bell to confirm it isn't anything sinister, and if they won't tell you any more detail, you can always ask them if they are taking any action? You never know, if it is some dumb a55 DCA, a call from the peelers might just make them get some qualifications and train their threat monkey's!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello Mr Worried.. as promised I asked the site team and have been advised as below.

In a nutshell unless he knows a friendly copper it's practically impossible unless the vehicle was involved in a RTA;

How to find out about the keeper details of another vehicle

You can only get the name and address of the registered keeper of another vehicle if you can demonstrate ‘reasonable cause’ for needing the information. The DVLA must consider the reasons why you need the information and how it will be used before it is given to you.

It is a criminal offence under Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to unlawfully obtain or sell personal information. Unlimited fines in the Crown Court (or to a maximum of £5,000 in the Magistrates Court) exist as penalties in respect of these offences.

To check on the circumstances in which you can ask for information, what evidence you need to provide and what information will be supplied

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022067

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for that.

Mr

Hello Mr Worried.. as promised I asked the site team and have been advised as below.

In a nutshell unless he knows a friendly copper it's practically impossible unless the vehicle was involved in a RTA;

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022067

HTH

He could have been doing a recce for mortgage company? It's not unknown for them to initiate "drive by" valuations or to see if the property is occupied/for sale etc.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Might be somebody from the mortgage company having a look to see if the propertty has had money spent on it they don't know about. This is the THIRD report I have heard today of a 'snooper'.

One of my brothers had a knock on the door last night and there were two guys with a clipboard claiming to be from a council surveying department and they had 'noticed subsidence in the road and could they have the owners details'. Brother told them he was renting and they started being evasive... he is now keeping an old camera phone handy to take pics and record the conversation should anyone return.

The other report was from a friend who had a guy sat outside her house in a car for about 15 minutes making lots of notes, she challenged him and he speedily drove off. She reported it to the police as they have a lot of small children living nearby who like to play on the 'green' at the end of their cul-de-sac.

Keep us posted on any developments.

Mr worried,

This is an option but do not forget that misleading or false information on Government forms if found out is a serious hot poker up your bum lol, so take the rest as you see fit, I AM NOT suggesting you break the law and I should also say nor do I condone it!

If you own your own home, easiest way is to lie lol.

Go to the website as above (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_4022067)

Fill in form V888, enclose a postal order for £2.50.

If you own your own property, state the reason as "unauthorised parking on private land – to trace the keeper who obstructs access, contravene parking restrictions and trespasses on my private land".

Just say he continually parks accross your driveway.

The DVLA is like any Government agency, will sell their mother for a few quid as Channel 4 Dispatches proved when they ordered their information on their own cars off of DVLA.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Please Mr W, you have to turn into Mr Chilled as this is doing you no good at all!

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Hi Cole.

My last comment was light hearted, yet I havent slept well for years but I'm used to it now, and it will take more than a stumpy little ' visitor ' to upset me.

Cheers Anyway

Mr wide awake

Please Mr W, you have to turn into Mr Chilled as this is doing you no good at all!

"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

A doctor once told me i was paranoid, well he never actually said it, but i knew he was thinking it ;).

Mr w don't let them keep you awake at night.

Regards

PB68.

Chuckle Chuckle

"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

A doctor once told me i was paranoid, well he never actually said it, but i knew he was thinking it ;).

Mr w don't let them keep you awake at night.

Regards

PB68.