style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse my ignorance but how is that a bad thing? No CCA/T&Cs/Agreements etc can only be a good think re: un/enforcability of debts?

It is unlikely they will destroy agreements, especially if they are compliant with the Act.

They will however lose statements (so if there are any charges they cannot be reclaimed).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is unlikely they will destroy agreements, especially if they are compliant with the Act.

They will however lose statements (so if there are any charges they cannot be reclaimed).

again... devils advocate... are they not required to provide a full breakdown of any outstanding amounts. Especially if you have proof that hey did apply some charges to the account. How can they argue that the amount outstanding is accurate and not made up of charges?

Within a CCA request, yes they are obliged to provide.

Copy or reconstruct of the agreement.

Terms and conditions from both inception and at time of default.

Statement of account showing how the amount claimed has been made up.

However, for the statement of account they will simply provide a list.

For any PPI or charges reclaiming you will need the the statements proper.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If a creditor is put to strict proof of the amount claimed, will a court only need to see 6 years worth of statements or can I expect the opposition to be required to go back to inception?

If the creditor has to go back to inception then a lot of debt will be unprovable. And a lot of CCA requests may also fail on the Statement of Account.

Bandit, I doubt the creditor would be forced to go back to the first statement. Although I can see if an error was found on the statements that are provided then the debtor could possibly ask that the account be reconstructed from the beginning to see where the error first occurred. Which could maybe create some problems for the lender.

BCOBS

• 3 months later...

Hi All, Well just as it says in the title 'To do or not to do' in connection with all my affairs to which most are displayed within various pages of CAG.

After spending a few hrs updating my varied paperwork

I have 'unfinished business'?

what I mean is that I have came across bank accts and cc statements with bundles of charges on them

one in particular has £40.00 per month on a £100 od thus leaving a balance of over £1400.00.

another cc (mint) which I still pay (bal £340) min payment approx £12.00 pmth, lots of charges from a few yr ago and I have never challenged this agreement?

House Repo from Last Jan 2012,

Nram got possesion and paid I would assume,

Future (secured loan) were chasing their bit prior to repo,

since last Jan I have heard Nothing from anyone??

surley I should know something?

obviously there were charges from both parties etc,

can I question these and get refunded.

A few accts are in dispute so would allow sleeping dogs?

I took out Motor Insurance with Auto net before xmas then cancelled due to their incompetance,

re fluffing up paperwork twice, they had £197 from my account,

now they have sent a dca after me for another £150.00?

I was furious before and wanted to break the golden rule by phoning them but thought I would seek advice here first, then put it in writing.

So fellow Cagers...To do or not to do????

Mr sometimes confused by the system, till dx comes along.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi mr worried. I would suggest you do lots more reading, pick one small relatively simple claim, follow it through to conclusion so you can learn the processes involved before taking on the next one.

If you take them all on at once it can become overwhelming.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

don't you pick on me this time of the morning............:lol::lol:

prob best to update existing threads on the ones whereby you can do some reclaiming

as for the insurance issue

start a thread in the general motoring forum

just be aware your insurance might now be voided

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the replys, Seems daunting going through the process again but needs must! yeh the Insurance is void now as I cancelled it within the 14 days, they took payment on day of acceptance then messed up paperwork then asked for other charges etc?? I now have other insurances in place.

Mr Positive today.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just an update. this particular alleged debt has been round the block a few times now, Lowell then red then robbers way etc, now BCW advise me that their client Lowell 1 LTD. have instruct them to collect alleged debt. the same alleged debt that was put into dispute back in 2009.

Then they write the usuall dribble bout ccj, AOE, Oh and sieze my assets.

Codswallop or am I missing something here?

Mr Anticipation.

You also need to lodge complaints with the OFT&TS for the passing on of a disputed debt, either way, if it has been doing the rounds, especially with those you have mentioned it is highly likely that this will be unen, or there is something wrong with it stopping them from pursuing it.

Who was the OC and how much is it for?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Is it above £750??

If so I can't believe the OC hasn't tried to get the money back sooner?

Bound to be plenty of charges or even PPI that can be reclaimed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do take this seriously and send the s78 request immediately and advise BCW of the dispute. Lowells are issuing statutory demands like confetti at the moment, so best be prepared.

BCOBS

Do take this seriously and send the s78 request immediately and advise BCW of the dispute. Lowells are issuing statutory demands like confetti at the moment, so best be prepared.

OK so I advise of the dispute etc, based on that Lowells never produced any docs first time around, only statements? in the meentime can they still issue the SD? if they do and push for BR and me paying monies to bring debt below the £750, would that have any other effect on account apart from halting BR as below 750?

Mr

Are there any charges added to the account that could bring it under £750.00 if they were to issue ? If so, and they do, then you could almost certainly include that in any set aside application.

You might want to consider investing £10.00 in a Subject Access Request to the original lender as well.

BCOBS

Are there any charges added to the account that could bring it under £750.00 if they were to issue ? If so, and they do, then you could almost certainly include that in any set aside application.

You might want to consider investing £10.00 in a Subject Access Request to the original lender as well.

Oh yes loads of charges, and the oc must be compucredit, so sar to oc and a cca to BCW.?

Mr

Oh yes loads of charges, and the oc must be compucredit, so sar to oc and a cca to BCW.?

Mr

Yes :)

BCOBS