Tax Credit Overpayment Annual Review

What should I do?
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a call from HMRC last week regarding a review of my repayments of TC overpayment (I have been repaying for 12 months) - my circumstances mean that I cannot increase payments at the moment (I have not been asked for details of income etc) so they are to stay at the same rate for the next 12 months when they will review them again.

Today I got a letter saying that if I did not respond within 7 days they will cancel my arrangement so I called again to check that they were aware of the agreement to leave my payments as they are - the lady I spoke to said it was fine & the letter must have crossed with my call last week.

I have checked my repayment agreement & it clearly states the amount of my monthly payment, the date it will start & the date that the final payment is due - it doesn't state anywhere that I will be subject to an annual income & expenditure review (I agreed to repay over 10 years so that I didn't have to go through I & E).

My understanding was that if I make all payments as agreed then there will be no further action so why are they now saying that they informed me there would be an I & E review every year? Are the TCO trying to 'scare' me into increasing my payments?

If I am ever in a position to repay more quickly then I will - is this just a case of 1 office not knowing what the other is doing? (the repayment letter last year & demand to contact them this year have come from different places).

Youve already been given the answer

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You should take all letters regarding Tax Credits to your local Citizens Advice Centre and work toward finding out if you are due all if any of the repayments that they are asking, as you say one office appears to not know what the other is doing, that is my experience with them as well.