Bought Online Gold Coin from Aktinson Jewellers not received

j_unaid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am new to this forum if you please help will be great to know what to do

We bought 2 packs of 10 gold coins from Aktinson Jewellers aktinson bullion and

paid into their bank account and

we got the email from them saying that item is dispatch

we are based in Dublin Ireland and

it was free postage

before buying the item we ask them

they said fully insured and on the option for postage its says free postage and insured

After a week when we didn't received the item

we check with aktinson

they said gave me tracking

its delivered

there was signed there as we are in the address for 5 years as family home

no body else live beside me and my wife and

we didn't received at all

signature name is different and signed is different and

when we spoke to aktinson they said sorry we cannot anything

we have in our terms and condition they if says deliver then no responsibility

I report to local irish post ask neighbour and post man no body knows

At this stage we lost the money and didn't received the item

should i go to solicitor or what to do

Can you please all advice what to do will be appreciate

Hi there. Not sure how it works in Ireland, but how did you pay for this? If it was by bank transfer, then that should have sounded alarm bells immediately. Especially with something as important as Gold.

If you paid by credit/debit card, go perform a FULL chargeback.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

how did you pay them please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Even their website doesnt meet legal requirements. No company number etc.

They ARE a jewellers, but i would be hesitant, as they seem to be a one building company on a 'backstreet'

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Why oh why did you agree to do a bank transfer? Like i said, you should have been extremely wary the second they suggested or demanded it.

Hi Thanks for looking into this when i did buyitnow then i am giving to transfer money into their bank account , as i did the shopping before with them and received it so i never thought something like this

Do they have your full, correct address and proof it was signed? How was it delivered? How was the package marked? ALl this you need to find out, as if there were any signs that it was gold/silver etc, and it wasnt being delivered by a very secure courier, then it has very likely been stolen.

They sent with local royal mail post here in ireland its anpost.ie local post office they gave me receipt with right name and address and signed i can see online and but its not from us at here , they says its like envelope and when we bought its says fully insured on the online tracking its just shows delivered and county name comes Lucan not the address

I am wondering if anybody in the post office just signed it and take and it will still show the same on the online

If that shows our address on the tracking that will give us more specfic

Why would anyone send gold/silver using royal mail?

Check with the jeweller and see how it was packaged and were there any identifiers.

Can i ask how much they charged you?

You NEED to know how the package was marked, and what address it was sent to. THe sender should have some sort of reciept to show. The main problem is if it was marked gold/silver or something along those lines. Especially since you didnt get it sent by secure courier. You let them use regular royal mail.

Sorry to say it but certain companies post gets targeted by thieves who work for the postal services.

It is less common now than a few years back but it still happens.

The company should raise a high level complaint with RM and demand proof that it wasnt in their hands at the time it disappeared.

When posting signed for from the UK to other countries there are 2 methods of tracking and only one is suitable for the likes of gold bullion.

I dont want to believe that Atkinsons have acted so badly without considering investigating

so get back on to them and speak to the highest level possible as you may have to sue them to recover your money

and that thought should get them to try a bit harder to find out what has happened.

They will know how it was labelled, packaged and sent and they are the ones who ultimately have a contract with the postal company so keep at them

and p.s. it doesnt need identifiers

theres a certain spray easly avaliable that can be sprayed on envelopes and turns it transparent, when it dries it doesnt show its been sprayed

used to use it determine junk mail....

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi Great thanks for yours all help

I have the update from Atkinson that we don't mention the anything on the envelope

as they said they post to me and i can see its comes to ireland and says delivered now how do get my money back please please somebody help me

How to put the case again atkinson

and p.s. it doesnt need identifiers

theres a certain spray easly avaliable that can be sprayed on envelopes and turns it transparent, when it dries it doesnt show its been sprayed

used to use it determine junk mail....

You need to be chasing royal mail now. They will know exactly where it was delivered and who the postman was that allegedly delivered it.

Take the evidence that the retailer gave you and get a full complaint to royal mail.

Hi great thanks yes i tried to put the complain to royal mail because i am not the sender they said ask yours sender to put the complain it and my sender is not taking much interest

The write to the sender giving them 14 days to make good your losses or you will initiate action to recover your monies.

They say that it was delivered to ireland whicjh meand they ahve used the wrong postal service and they dont want to pay out because they ahve saved about a pound on the post.

Luckily as you are in the EU you can use the courts in either country to make your claim. They should be claiming on the insurance as that is what it is for.