old bank account

freddyboy2404
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, can someone point me in the right direction?

a few years ago, I went overdrawn with my old nationwide account over a disputed overdraft. long story short, I owed £400 in carges and debt, which I settled via a bailiff. however, checking my Experian credit report, I have a default notice on my record, which I understand will remain for 6 years? does the 6 years start from when the default was recorded?, also, my main problem is as I already mentioned, the debt is settled, my report shows a zero balance but they are showing missed payments every month since the entry was made, this obviousely is having a seriouse effect on my credit rating, all advice greatly welcomed!

Hi and welcome to CAG

The default will fall off 6 years after the date it states on your credit file. I don't understand how they can be making missing payment markers when the debt is settled. Something to query. Not that it matters that much. It is the default that does the damage.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you could contact them directly and ask why the missing payments have been added to your old account? Is it a bookkeeping error or something more? You might even be successful in having them remove the judgment altogether for you since you have paid and it has been a while.