Sky Home Move

Natz1234567
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to move my sky to my new address, I am aware that I am tied into a contract as I recently upgraded to fibre optic in October.

When I got no response from the online form, I phoned them to complete the transaction.

They told me they couldn't activate the homemove as my fibre optic hadn't been activated as yet,

presumably at this point I as they hadn't provided the service,

I would not be in a contract and could have cancelled,

they asked me to phone back the day after.

As if by magic the fibre optic was activated the day after and a BT engineer came out at 8am to check the line.

I phoned back to be told they still can't activate the homemove as their computers have had an upgrade and are charging £65 for the new hub, which should be free, I have the option to wait until they have sorted this issue or pay the £65, which will eventually be reimbursed or credited on my bill, surely this is extortion?!?

The customer service operater is going to ring me back in 2 days, to see if the problem with their system is sorted. I am concerned as I am moving in 10 days and need the Sky installed before Christmas. I have asked to cancel the contract, but they are now stating the the fibre optic upgrade has been backdated to October, when it was originally ordered. Do I have any grounds to cancel if they can't provide the homemove service, and didn't activate my fibre optic for 2 months. Do they have any rights to charge me £65 for a free service on the proviso it will eventually be refunded?

So fibre was ordered in october, so what service have you been using since then?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)