UKPC ticket issued in my residents car park, now with debt recovery LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, been looking over various posts on this forum and think it's probably easier to ask advice than on my specific problem

I was issued a Parking Ticket at my (previous) residence in Manchester, it was a private residents car park which was policed by UKPC. I had a Parking permit for the Car Park and displayed it every time i used it. On the day i was ticketed the permit had fell onto the floor so was not visible

When i looked at the ticket the attendant had filled out the form but had marked the registration of my car incorrectly, marked as an '08' rather than an '09' model. I ignored it (smart move?) as considered the ticket to be invalidated so didn't think anything would come of it

i have since sold the car and moved to london so no longer live at those premises

having received some mail from a previous address (where my car was registered with the DVLA) I have since seen numerous notices from this company and then further letters sent from Debt Recovery Plus LTD with intended court action etc

It seems they took photographs so have got the Registration number of the photographs and pursued me anyway

Just wondering what to do. had a look for the ticket but can't find a copy anyway. surely they should have a copy of the ticket which would be invalid, and therefore so would the fine?

I have not appealed but obviously it seems the 'process' is way past appeals now anyway

they don't have my current residence or contact details

i have not made any contact whatsoever

what would everyone recommend?

I have read a few forum threads from last year advising just to ignore these letters and they will go away but has the law changed now?

Should i contact and plead ignorance saying 'i never received the PCN, i had a permit so consider the issue of a ticket a bit strange and could they provide proof in form of a copy of the ticket issued at the time?'

or should i just ignore?

any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Any letter from Debt Recovery Plus is a hollow threat, they have no rights of enforcement whatsoever so can safely be ignored. Dont bother writing to them as it will be the waste of a stamp.

If you feel as though you want to write to someone you can tell UKPC that you had a permit to park in your own space (I presume allocated), they have no authority to trespass on your property (placing ticket on vehicle) and that their continued harassment of you will result in you making a civil claim against them for this and they should desist immediately.

It is a moot point whether you want them to have your new address but if they decide to chance their luck and go for a civil claim via the county court it would be better to know this directly rather than having the possibility that you lose by default because the paperwork wasnt forwarded. personally I would write the letter and give them your address to avoid any complications. especially as you have indicated that they may get a claim form you if they dont give up.

thanks very much for your response

i don't really want to give them my new address to be honest but i take you points on board

i still have access to the old property as my friend still lives there (he owns the house)

so will be able to keep an eye on mail when it arrives

IF there was a civil claim do you think it would sway in my favour

main points really are obviously the ticket was filled out incorrectly, i already was allocated and used a permit to park in the space, the car park was controlled/manned my UKPC but i also know that sineage wasn't adequate (is it 3 car's length away there needs to be a sign?)

thanks of your help

Hi and welcome to CAG

Ericsbrother is right. DRP are the pet debt collectors for some of the parking industry. They have zero power to do anything to you. All they can say to UKPC is, "No sucker here." Any threat of Legal action is just that, a threat as they cannot sue you. Only the landowner (OR UKPC if they have a contracted agreement to do so) can sue. Make no mistake UKPC plant enough PCNs which peeps foolishly pay up not to bother that much with taking people to court.

Are they prepared to throw good money after this. I doubt it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE