Cabot reluctantly admit Argos card debit IS statute barred

new-me2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had an Argos card in 2005, This received today after sending statute barred letter.

Dear NM

We acknowledge that the account is statute barred and so governed by the Limitation Act 1980. Under the OFT guidelines it is accepted that legally the debt still exists but that the collection of these debts must in no way be contrary to section 40(1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Whilst we don't consider our actions have breached any law or regulatory guideline, your account has been withdrawn from our regular collections process.

If you have any queries call one of our customer advisors.

Oh how that must hurt :violin:

Nice. Keep hold of that. Cabot are known for selling the debt off, but not marking it as SB due to "admin errors".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have bought a new folder to put it in. :-D

And you couldnt have used the money to pay for the new folder to pay off some of the debt...

Tut Tut... ^__^

Im kidding, thats great news and I hope Cabot actually do get it right and give you some peace.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis