Problems removing a CPA with HSBC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just called HSBC asking for advice on removing a CPA from a payday lender. They informed me to contact the cheque centre first and inform them I wish to cancel the CPA with them and then to call them back when the Visa dispute department is open?I do not want to get in touch with the cheque centre until the loan has defaulted as I fully expect it will make it a lot more difficult. Can anyone advise on how to cancel a CPA with a payday lender with HSBC?Once it is cancelled I hope to come to a repayment agreement with the Cheque Centre then.

Thanks

Theyre wrong. Its been law for 4 years now that you can cancel it directly via your bank. Get a full complaint in, and instruct them IN WRITING via your nearest branch, to cancel the CPA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

After looking at these links I am no way confident of removing the CPA from the cheque centre on my account. I have no doubt I will go into the branch next week and the bank employees will know nothing about it or be very reluctant to look into it :(

All you need to do is put it in writing and get it copied signed and stamped.

If the bank allows the money out, you can get the regulators on them and consider legal action.