Sky 0845 'charging' Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sky offers a way of managing your account online and

if you click on "My Packages" on your Sky account it gives you details of everything you have with Sky.

A few months ago I went to look at the phone package to see exactly which 08 numbers are free on the package

(generally 08 numbers are mostly avoided but sometimes it just isn't possible).

When I went to the phone section on "My packages" the phone package was listed as "Sky Anytime"

but with no details and an option to click for details, which I did.

It then brought up a screen with some features of "Sky Anytime" and then a link to click for more details about "Sky Anytime".

I clicked then link and was taken to a page with the details of 3 Sky Talk packages,

one of which was "Sky Anytime UK"(there were no details for Sky Anytime on the page),

which I assumed to be the right package.

This package includes free calls to 0845 numbers and I assumed this was the package and that these numbers were now covered.

They in fact are not because Sky Talk Anytime and Sky Talk Anytime UK are two separate packages

and the former is no longer an option for new customers.

This change happened in the last few months.

So there are now a whole load of call charges to 0845 numbers for these last few months

which has caused an obvious spike in the phone bill.

I am requesting a refund of the 0845 numbers during this period on account that the website was misleading,

Sky have offered a few months half price line rental which doesn't cover the cost.

The advisers I've spoken to most recently while trying to a refund have insisted the website was not misleading

and this is in fact my error alone.

If anyone can offer any advice, it would be most appreciated.

Thx

L.

send idainfife a pm

she might be able to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Skytalk anytime uk only became available in October.

When you start with skytalk , a welcome pack is sent and a letter confirming what has been ordered.

From your post it appears you had skytalk prior to October so would have been anytime and not anytime uk,

I cannot see where sky would have any obligation to refund any charges as it does seem to be an issue on confusion on what package you thought you were on.

Rather than the supplying the wrong package.

If it was me I would have accepted the offer .

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)