Work Provider

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They go from bad to worse.

Today I received a letter making out that I should have an appointment to see them tomorrow, as well as two more in the next 10 days.

I freaked out as I have had not received anything about tomorrows.

Turns out their mistake.

I am on a whacking dose of medication for depression and anxiety as well as high blood pressure to name but two.

I had to ring them in a fit and panic of tears - as I cannot handle this.

One of the dates I have to see them I did have a docs appointment (I have cancelled and rearranged) as I am worried sick about these people.

I have already had to cancel one appointment and reschedule with them, I am wondering if this is their way of getting back by increasing my appointments to two in a week (I don;t want to get paranoid but why twice in 5 working days.)

I just do not know what to do, or who to turn to for help.

They keep telling me they are mandated to make me see them.

I feel like they are suffocating me.

All mandatory appointments must be made in writing and give reasonable notice - text, email, or telephone calls are not acceptable methods (DWP guidance on this is quite clear). The provider also has a duty of care to ensure that appointments are reasonable to your circumstances.

If they are routinely making appointments in full knowledge that they would conflict with (for example) prearranged doctors/hospital appointments, then a formal complaint should be made. Send copies to the provider, the DWP, and your MP. Should the provider try to raise a benefit doubt for spurious reasons, you could then refer to the complaints and suggest that the doubt is intended as a vexatious and spiteful response.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

All mandatory appointments must be made in writing and give reasonable notice - text, email, or telephone calls are not acceptable methods (DWP guidance on this is quite clear). The provider also has a duty of care to ensure that appointments are reasonable to your circumstances.

If they are routinely making appointments in full knowledge that they would conflict with (for example) prearranged doctors/hospital appointments, then a formal complaint should be made. Send copies to the provider, the DWP, and your MP. Should the provider try to raise a benefit doubt for spurious reasons, you could then refer to the complaints and suggest that the doubt is intended as a vexatious and spiteful response.

My trips to my WP are a 50 mile round trip (they know this) this for a person who is seeking help for depression and anxiety.

To have two appointments in the space of 5 days seems to be spiteful to me and for what reason I am not on the point of starting a course, getting a job so why the need.

These appointments are not reasonable to my care and position.

When I tried to politely ask this on the phone yesterday I got in an abrupt reply (if you would let me finish) I was not raising my voice I was simply asking why?

I was also put through to 3 different people each time having to repeat my story (do they get a kick from all of this worry and upset they cause) I guess they must.

I know some appointments are mandatory, but they have leeway to make it appropriate for the client.

To also send a letter with a date on for an appointment that was never made is criminal.

If ALL of this is because I re-arranged an appointment what the hell will they do if I complain.

Edited by Lilly_Monroe