Advice needed with taking cash4phones to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I would like help with taking cash4phones to the small claims court..They have had my phone since 7/10/13 the original offer was £230 which they then downgraded to £82.25 for a broken screen etc on the 9/10/13..Which was all lies as the phone was mint and had only been taken out of its protective screen and case for posting to them which was also sent via recorded delivery in a cardboard protective envelope..

I then requested my phone to be returned asap after the £8 return fee had to be paid by me!! (a common picture is being painted i know)..I also requested a confirmation of postage and a tracking number..I got a reply on the 16/10/13 stating 72hrs for my return fee to clear then another 7 days for my handset to be dispatched and that the returns dept will contact me while the return is being processed..

I then got a phonecall from cash4phones 18/10/13 on a withheld number stating that a mistake had occured and that they could offer £190 plus my £8 return fee and if i accepted the funds would be processed in the next 72hrs..Still not the original offer but if i get the money in my account as quick as they say its worth taking just to get it done and dusted asap!! I excepted and a confirmation email arrived also..Great!!!......NO...I got a confirmation email that i accepted the counter offer dated 19/10/11 then another email dated (24/10/13) the bank transfer would take 3/5 days but leave 7/10 before making contact again!!I contacted them again via email on the 24/10/13 as no funds for them to return email 01/11/13 stating 3/14 working days from the 24th!!!

Still no money and its now the 26th Nov i sent a recorded letter on the 16th Nov to the

UNIT 15 GATEWAY MEWS

RINGWAY

LONDON

N11 2UT

Warning them that i would be taking them to court if the funds were not in my account asap

But still no response so as you can imagine i have had a gut full now and could do with some help taking them to the small claims court as i dont want to get it wrong and take months to sort out...Sorry for the rant above but i guess you need to know whats happened and time scale etc

thanks in advance Ali McLean

Hi

I have been doing a little research on this company and it seems that they have a high turnover of directors BUT it seems that as one appointment is terminated another is approved. Sounds right doesn't it except it is the same names over and over again.

I would suggest a Letter Before Action giving them a strict time limit (7/14 days) to pay or no further correspondence will be entered into and court papers WILL follow.

I suspect this company is getting in as much stock as possible, flogging it as quickly as they can before going into administration. That is a personal thought and it could be far from the truth but better safe than sorry

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Issue the claim immediately. Don't wait.

Inform the police

Inform Trading Standards

They were featured on Watchdog, plenty of people has same scenario and WD put them to the test by sending a perfect phone that had been forensically checked by experts to be perfect, of course C4P came back with the usual, its damaged, etc.

Follow advice above.

Send NBA, start claim on day NBA expires, make sure you have all your evidence and paperwork, don't forget to claim interest at 8%, mention you will try to claim costs too (although unlikely you will be able to as its small track).