Taking the plunge!

Chrissysarah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I have been reading these forums for a few days plucking up the courage to send off my letters. I have Barclaycard charges, and also Abbey bank too, lots of them.

I have printed my letters but will check them again in the morning when i am not so tired, and can also send them recorded delivery:) .

I have been reading so much but cant seem to find anywhere the list of specific charges and how much they "shouldnt be" for each bank. I will still keep looking, there are lots of places to go and search. But if anyone wants to direct me then i would be most grateful.

I will keep you updates as to what happens and when. I am pretty sure I have a couple of defaults due to these charges.

thanks

Hugs Chrissy xx

Barclaycard DPA letter -13/04/06

Abbey DPA letter - 13/04/06

Will keep you informed

I have been reading so much but cant seem to find anywhere the list of specific charges and how much they "shouldnt be" for each bank.....

That's because there isn't one, but well done for searching high and low in the first place!

There is no specific charge that has been quoted as being acceptable, so the only pointer is IF your bank at some stage lets you know they will be seeking payment of a smaller amount than they have already taken, you would need to discuss it, probably back on here...

That would be highly unlikely though, since it would amount to some sort of proof that they have been overcharging you.

Just claim back the full amount of charges made (if that is what you are comfortable doing - this is YOUR case afterall) and follow the procedures shown on this site. I'm sure you will be fine.

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well they shouldn't be charging anything like what they do, just recouping their losses if any...but in any case there is a link in the library that might be what you're after....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1193

Do keep us updated and stick around - it will help give you the determination you need to get back what was wrongfully taken from you...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Thank you both of you!

I am always suprised when someone replies to me :-)

Anyway ,,,,, when I say specific charges, I also mean what type of charges can you claim back? is it only charges applied to your account for e.g. over the limit when a d.d. is unpaid, cos the Abbey charged me £32 each for that. I only have four of those ( but it still adds up).

My Barclays was unpaid monthly fees, late fees, not paid at all fees,,,, it is all so confusing!

Confusing but interesting though :-)

xx

Thanks

Hugs

Chrissy xxx

Will keep you informed

Yes you can claim back for any charges that were not for a service. i.e. 10 quid a month for having a slightly sexy bank account or for an overdraft facility. They are legally allowed to charge for services. That is how the world has worked for thousands of years.

However penalty charges i.e. DD refusal, going overoverdraft limit/going overdrawn, DD referal charges/fees are illegal as they are clearly charging more than the expense that they incur themselves becuase you breached your contract with them.

It sound sto me like those 32 a day charges should be coming back your way.

hello, sorry I just can not find the information,

who do I make the cheque payable to for the inital DPA request?

thanks so much, its for barclaycard btw xx

Chrissy xx

Will keep you informed

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Will keep you informed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks