Voluntary Surrender of Vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this has been asked time and time again. I can't seem to make sense of what I am liable for.

I took out a HP agreement with a company called Moneyway through CarCraft in 2012. I needed the car for a new job which would easily enable me to pay for the car. Long story short, i think two payments were made on time and then I slipped into arrears of around 3 months due to the change of employer and lower training wage.

I spoke with Moneyway on occasion about getting back on track and they wouldn't agree to the timeframe i was asking for to get back on top with the agreement. So rather than go down the Repossession route, I was advised to voluntarily surrender the vehicle as I believe a default noticed has been issued by this point. My idea was to surrender the vehicle and set up a repayment plan for the debt.

Original finance was for £7500 which with the interest over the duration (5 Years) was going to amount to somewhere in the £12k area.

The car was collected and sold at auction for around £4k and now I am being chased for the princely sum of £8k+.

I am currently paying £145 pcm but would like to enquire as to what I am actually liable for. As I had only made a few months worth of payments I am nowhere near the third or half way mark of the agreement.

Am I liable for the whole amount of the agreement minus the cars value at auction?

Many thanks for your time.

Dave