Capquest chasing 2nd Cap1 card debt

Rayn2036
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you've already got a thread running on this debt?

and we already know its crap

this is the robbers way one?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can I just pop up again here and

ask for clarification of what's meant by a statement of account?

Is it sufficent for them to say 'amount due and payable is £XXX'

or do they have to provide a breakdown along the lines of bank statements

showing expenditures and payments to illustrate how the figure of £XXX is arrived at?

just a basic figure sadly

though ideally it should be more than bare details

and should be on a separate sheet

entitled 'statement of account.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmmm... all I've got here is one included as a paragraph in a letter, the relevant portion of which says Statement of Account; your account is in default and the amount currently due and payable is £XXXX.XX. Mind, it's part of what they say themselves is a recon and concerns an account started in 2000... anyway, enough thread-hogging :-)

I have not yet DD, though I may well in the future.

I'm taking a leaf from your book and reading loads, popping in and out meanwhile to seek clarification.

I'm trying to educate myself, not just get out of trouble.

The mists are indeed clearing but I must say it doesn't happen overnight.

I'm glad you're still around as you seem to be the Go-To Girl for Cap One :-)

Hi All,

I have now uploaded two files. OC - CAP1 on both the debt.

DCA - Robber Way and Capquest.

Please advise if any of these debt are enforceable.

Robbers Way just supplied a copy of signature box.

Capquest supplied copy of original application form with reconstituted current PT's and T&C's from default

DX, Brig and all others, I really appreciate your suggestions on what to do next.

Edited by Rayn2036

I have not yet DD, though I may well in the future.

I'm taking a leaf from your book and reading loads, popping in and out meanwhile to seek clarification.

I'm trying to educate myself, not just get out of trouble.

The mists are indeed clearing but I must say it doesn't happen overnight.

I'm glad you're still around as you seem to be the Go-To Girl for Cap One :-)

You are doing absolutely the right thing. Well done. It took me many months before things started to click.

Your saying I'm the Go-To Girl for CapOne really made me laugh. :lol: I did see them off though, and Lowells whom they sold it to gave up and wrote it off. :whoo:

Let me know if you do start a CapOne thread and I'll have a look. You have to threaten them before they start any action against you. :-)

Hi Rayn,

Neither are enforceable.

The first one (Capquest) doesn't show any connection between the pages. Is that all they sent? You'll see on the first page that there is a reference to Clause 23 overleaf but of course that is not there.

The signature page doesn't show the Prescribed Terms at all and I can't see any reference to them anywhere in what they have sent you.

The second one (RW) is all I ever received from CapOne. It is an absolute joke. It refers to the full page agreement so where is the rest of it? I truly believe they can't/won't supply it because they know that it doesn't contain the Prescribed Terms.

Both alleged signature boxes are completely different in any case.

I would write to Capquest saying that there is nothing to connect the application form with the T&Cs they have provided, and also that the credit agreement does not contain the Prescribed Terms as required in the Regulations of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I would also point out that you have previously received another alleged signature box from Capital One/RW and ask them to explain the discrepancies between the two.

See what they come back with and if necessary you can start really attacking them.

DD

Also say,

I would remind you that you have an obligation under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR 2008) to confirm in writing whether or not you or Capital One hold or have ever held a properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself. You are equally obliged to let me know if no such agreement exists.

Hi Rayn,

The first one (Capquest) doesn't show any connection between the pages. Is that all they sent? You'll see on the first page that there is a reference to Clause 23 overleaf but of course that is not there.

The signature page doesn't show the Prescribed Terms at all and I can't see any reference to them anywhere in what they have sent you.

Sorry, I should have posted all the pages, there are few other pages too. I will post it later today.

The second one (RW) is all I ever received from CapOne. It is an absolute joke. It refers to the full page agreement so where is the rest of it? I truly believe they can't/won't supply it because they know that it doesn't contain the Prescribed Terms.

I know, this is an absolute joke.

Both alleged signature boxes are completely different in any case.

They were applied at space of 13 months, hence may be different.

I refer you to post 15

dx

and they

I might piggyback here and ask Rayne2036 if, as well as there being no obvious connection between the pages, I'm right in suspecting that the T&Cs supplied are spread across several loose pages which are neither bound nor numbered.

Please find all copies received from Capquest. It has copies of current agreement and default agreement. I had to merge 4 copies to reduce file size. Terms & Conditions are spread over several pages with no reference or page number.

Please advise if this is enforceable. If not, I would like to know the reason so I can write back to Capquest.

Edit: Application form now added.

Thank you.

Edited by Rayn2036

Yup two blank pages, all it says is default agreement and account number in one and, Original agreement and account number on the other. If you also look account number on the agreement and 16 digit number on application number do not match.