Baxi Solo Boiler leaking again at less than 3 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriend had a new Baxi Solo System Boiler (not a combi boiler) fitted in 2011 at a cost of £1500.

He kept his existing hot water tank and radiators as they always worked fine.

Within a year the boiler started leaking water

boyfriend called the engineer out who installed it and

he told us to call Baxi out.

We called them and the Heat Exchanger was replaced under warranty.

At the time I questioned the Baxi engineer who told me that they only cover parts and labour for the first year

then you have to take out their extended warranty.

Now I don't personally believe in Extended warranty as I think it is a con especially

when a boiler should last many years without needing anything more than a regular service.

Now the boiler has started leaking again which has made boyfriend quite annoyed.

I don't see why he should have to pay out to have the boiler fixed every couple of years

or pay for an extended warranty when the boiler is clearly not fit for purpose.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

must be baxis at issue then

weve had leaks, and countless errors on it

its been repaired at least once a year (ours is a combi 40 he)

it was a new pcb last year

now this year its just died completely (no lights or anything) called plumber whos coming monday he thinks its the pcb again, looking under the boiler theres some green leakage signs which tally with the fact it goes "low pressure" at least once every 2/3 months

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

who did your BUy the boiler from

they are responsible under SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you paid them for the boiler then under soga its THEIR problem.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BM,

If the installer isn't willing to sort this without charging (which is a distinct possibility) speak to Baxi and complain that repeated boiler failure is not what you expect from a boiler less than 3 years old.

They may be willing to repair as a gesture of goodwill if you keep calm and focused, as opposed to ranting and shouting. :wink:

Also, I believe Baxi may not be one of the most reliable boilers so you could perhaps consider the extended warranty OR a British Gas maintenance contract OR a similar product offered by a local company. They may offer a plan that repairs all boiler faults (maybe not heat exchanger) including parts and labour for a fixed monthly fee.

I'm no fan of extended warranties or of maintenance contracts but at least, if you do this, you know you'll be covered in the event of future failures.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You may also find the addition of a magnetic cleaning unit such as Magnaclean (others are available) helps catch and hold sludge and ferrous debris that can cause problems with boilers and their sensors.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You may also think about having corrosion inhibitor put into the C/H water.But even saying that a heat exchanger leaking after such a small time is obviously a manufactoring defect.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland