Help - paid for repair on a car, now dealer has gone bust - any way i can sue them for the money?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a car from a trader just over 1 month ago and have been having a few issues with it.

I have been trying to get the trader to resolve these issues but they just ignore my calls or tell me they are going to call back and never do.

in the end I got all the repairs done my self and it cost me around £340 to sort out.

Now I am/was planning on getting this back from the trader and just done abit of research on the company

and I have noticed that they filed for the ltd company to be struck off about a month ago (just after I bought it)

So what do I do now? Can I still sue them?

I was planning on writing a letter and including the copies of the receipts and asking them for compensation. If they do not not pay up I was going to take them to small claims court.

Can I sue them personally? luckily they operate from their home so I know where they live and their full names.

Can someone please help me as I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks

ccx295

Can't speak for all debit cards but Visa may be able to assist with a clawback scheme. Firstly, contact bank and ask for help. If they refuse then ask them for Visa contact details.

Initially, the bank may say that you can't do clawback on a debit card---they just don't want to be bothered. You may have to see a manager or senior manager to get the ball rolling.

If contacting Visa you will have to give a full and detailed account of your complaint, so a paper trail or recorded phone calls would help.