CCS Collect and DWP debt not my husbands!!

kalijack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My husband has received a letter from the above DCA, which reads as follows:

Dear xxxx

Your unpaid account has been sent to us by our client Department for Work and Pensions

who has instructed us to recover the full amount stated abouve on their behalf.

We have confirmed your current address in case you have forgotten to inform our client that you have moved.

Our investigations show that you are currently residing at the above address.

Although the balace of (£3k+ !!! :mad2:) is due in full, we would like to work with you to find a sustainable repayment plan that will suit your situation and which is agreeable to our client.

There are several repayment options available to you.

Repay the balance over the next 3 months OR set up a repayment plan over a longer period by Direct Debit OR Pay an initial amount of 25% and the remainder monthly.

Our trained staff will be able to help you identify the right plan and may even be able to offer a discount for early settlement. If you agree a repayment plan with us now :-

You may avoid further lettes and telephone calls

It may aid future Credit Applications.

Prepayment methods are detailed overleaf or alternatively call us now on 0844 412 0344

Yours sincerely

Sam Selby

Collections Department

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now,

first of all,

my husband has been working since he left school 30 years ago,

he was only unemployed for a few months back in 1991 before we were married and claimed UB at the time,

he told me there was once a problem where someone had been stealing his giro cheques but that was settled. #It was OVER 20 YEARS AGO!!!!

I am on DLA because I am disabled.

As far as I know this is not means tested (unless the rules have changed, in which case they would be chasing me not him).

I've done a bit of googling and it seems that CCS are a bunch of cowboys.

Our phone is in my name and ex directory.

But nevertheless this sort of thing is very worrying,

he is thinking someone may have set up a bogus claim in his name.

We are not sure what to do.

I've advised him NOT to phone CCS :???:

I would suggest writing ( recorded deliver) to CCS disputing this and asking for full details of this alleged debt to be provided by DWP. Advise them that you have no idea what they are writing to you about and believe that something is seriously wrong. i.e they have traced the wrong person or someone has claimed for benefits using stolen identity.

Then see how they respond.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and even if it were his debt

do not pay CCS, ever!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First off, write to CCS as advised by Unclebulgaria, telling them that you dispute the debt and insisting that all collection activity be stopped until the dispute is resolved. Then contact the Debt Management team at the DWP (by phone at first, but be prepared to write to them as well if necessary). You can get the necessary number from your nearest Jobcentre. Ask the DWP to explain why they think he owes money.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The thing is, we have never received any correspondence from the DWP. Also, my husband has a very unusual name, that's why we are baffled. Not sure if writing to CCS is such a good idea, from what I've been reading about them.

The thing is, we have never received any correspondence from the DWP. Also, my husband has a very unusual name, that's why we are baffled. Not sure if writing to CCS is such a good idea, from what I've been reading about them.

Well, you don't have to write to CCS if you don't want to, but you do need to find out from the DWP what's going on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

As Antone says. IMMEDIATELY write to CCS stating stating the debt is in dispute and they are to refer back to their clients, furthermore any further attempts to contact you will be classed as harassment and reported to the police. You should also make it clear that if you spend any further time on their rubbish you will charge it out at £75 per hour minimum.

Then get on to DWP senior management or a pleb and get it escalated to higher management.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Write to DWP then with a copy of the CCS letter asking them for full details.

The main point is, do something. Doing nothing is not an option, when you are accused of owing DWP money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Write to DWP then with a copy of the CCS letter asking them for full details.

The main point is, do something. Doing nothing is not an option, when you are accused of owing DWP money.

Yes, absolutely. Two main reasons - 1) A DWP debt won't go away, and if he does nothing they'll simply take the money out of his state pension when he retires. Rules relating to Statute Barred debt don't prevent them from doing this.

2) If there's even the remotest possibility that identity fraud is an issue, he needs to know what's going on ASAP.