ESA due to end in Mid November

elizabeth11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If anyone out there can give me advice I would be grateful. I was moved,following a medical from IB to ESA last November. I received a letter in November advising that I could only receive this until mid November 2013.

Just before Christmas I was diagnosed with cancer and this year have undergone surgery,chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I have been told that the severe pain I am in is a direct result of chemotherapy and radiotherapy but there is hope that it may wear off in time but we are talking months not weeks.

I have not felt well enough to face the thought of what options I may have but I have to do something now...Does anyone know if I can ask for the claim to be re-assessed please? If I knew that I could receive ESA for a few months longer it would be a massive relief. If I can ask for a re-assessment to take my updated situation into account how do I do this please?

Many thanks in advance

Elizabeth

Do you think you meet the support group descriptors? It will all be down to that really. If you do feel you meet them then put in a change of circumstances form and ask for a new ESA50 to complete saying that your conditions have worsened. If however you do not feel you meet the support group conditions/descriptors then it would not be worth it. I take it you have a partner who works or some other income then for your current award to be ending? Are you claiming all you are entitled to? DLA/PIP? etc.

:elizabeth11:

Reading between the lines you got a conversion award of employment n support with the work related activity component. Which is time limited to three hundred and sixty five days for an award based on national insurance contributions. And the letters about these awards are less than informative about deteriorating conditions, new conditions or appeal rights. :evil: Had you known, you could've asked for reassessment months ago.

Yes, you can ask for your award to be reassessed for an award of employment n support with the support component cos of your new condition. I don't know how far you've got with your treatment but you may qualify for an on going award if you're still debilitated by the effects of the treatment.

Aside from your new condition, you may qualify for an income related award of employment n support if you, or a partner, don't have significant other income or savings above £16,000.

Were I in your circumstances I'd;

Complete an ESA3 change of circs form. They're in short supply at the moment but there's a downloadable and printable copy at #7 of;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387812-ESA-365-Limit

And given your cancer diagnosis I'd send a copy of page 20 of the ESA50 10/13 with it. Depending on severity, the debilitating effects of cancer treatment can be exceptional circumstances for being treated as having limited capability for work/work related activity.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esa-50-limited-capability-for-work-questionnaire

Some background reading about employment n support allowance;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esa214-a-guide-to-employment-and-support-allowance-the-work-capability-assessment

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dwp015.pdf

Sincerely, Margaret. :panda:

Edited by **Margaret**
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1