BES - not nice to busineeses at all - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chris

We have looked into the Radio 5 Link and the podcast is no longer available online but we have read articles that explained what had gone on and what the undercover reporter had discovered. This alone should have closed them down.

Many thanks for advice we will add that to our long list of options. We will keep you informed as to how we progress.

Shelly

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

no please do not do that

on thread and visible please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
Shelly please private message me , BES will monitor sites like this. I can give you some advice to help solve your situation.

Hi chris I have had the exact thing happen to me and I am on dire need of some help. My businesd has only been open seven days and I may need to close down because of BES. I am going to send you a friend request so I can private message you. I am trying everything I can to get out of my verbal contract as the broker repeatedly lied to and bullied me through signing up with them and I need every piece of information I can to get through this or my bew business could face ruin within two weeks of opening.

I cannot believe this is actively happening to small businesses everyday.

it much better to keep things in the open forum

rather than hide it

and anyway you cant use PM under 30posts.

makes no odds bes read here or anywhere.

the more its in the open how to beat them the better.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

For the attention and information of everyone on the forum please be aware that Ofgem are now investigating several issues re BES. If you want further information about their investigation then please check out the Ofgem website and look under the investigations tab. You can also register on their website for e-mail updates on how their investigation is progressing.

For the attention and information of everyone on the forum please be aware that Ofgem are now investigating several issues re BES. If you want further information about their investigation then please check out the Ofgem website and look under the investigations tab. You can also register on their website for e-mail updates on how their investigation is progressing.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/investigation-bes-and-its-compliance-its-obligations-under-gas-and-electricity-supply-licences-standard-licence-conditions-7a-7b-7-14-and-21b

We are happy to comply with Ofgem and always have been, following an almost 10 year untarnished record as a supply business. Investigations are common place in the energy industry and this is one of 16 live investigations across all energy suppliers currently including many of the ‘Big 6’. We treat all Ofgem intervention seriously but we also see it as an opportunity to seek guidance on how to improve our processes and in this instance, as every other, we will be looking to Ofgem to help us tweak our processes for the future. I would encourage people to respect that an investigation is neither admission nor an accusation of any wrong doing, it is simply an opportunity for the regulator to understand in more detail how we approach compliance against a small handful of the many supplier licence conditions which are in operation in the market. Any outcomes of this process we therefore intend to use to strengthen for future growth as we look to continue to take the fight of the smaller independent suppliers to the wider market and in particular, the ‘Big 6’.

Ben Jones – CEO, BES Utilities

• 2 months later...

Hi Lara,

I have been conned like you (not by BES, but a similar one) into a punitive new energy contract for my business through a phone call 2 weeks ago and am trying to get out of it. I wanted to know how you got on and if you had any advice you could give me? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi Lara,

I have been conned like you (not by BES, but a similar one) into a punitive new energy contract for my business through a phone call 2 weeks ago and am trying to get out of it. I wanted to know how you got on and if you had any advice you could give me? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

no good posting on an old dead thread you'll not get seen

start a new thread

of your own

dx

and they