ATOS recording to tape should I accept?

worried33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I turned up for a ATOS medical last week, it was actually cancelled but I didnt get the letter until 2 hours after I got back from the cancelled appointment. I couldnt ring before I went to verify if still on as all ATOS systems were down and they were automatically rejecting all calls.

So the medical didnt happen as was cancelled, I had a 5 minute conversation with the receptionist (mainly her talking to me apologising etc.) and she suggested since the machine is broken they may record to tape instead, but given tape players are what seems to be extinct now can I refuse such a recording? or is that considered reasonable for atos to record in that manner?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean they're offering to tape your medical on an old-style cassette recorder? I personally would be OK with that. If you're not, then say no.

Edited by Annis

They have to give you a copy that you can listen to. I got copy of CD from one of my friends that I attended with and the ATOS report had many discrepancies from the actual recording thus appeal granted without having to go to appeal.

dpick