JSA(c) - unfairness

Camberwell1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you claim this benefit (after all you normally will have paid for it as it is an Insurance based one) then hard earned Occupational Pension earnings should not be offset against your claim (you can have a trillion bucks in your bank accounts and for 6 months and it is ignored)!

I think this is entirely unfair especially for those who though the National Insurance system was just that an insurance one - which it clearly isn't !

If you claim this benefit (after all you normally will have paid for it as it is an Insurance based one) then hard earned Occupational Pension earnings should not be offset against your claim (you can have a trillion bucks in your bank accounts and for 6 months and it is ignored)!

I think this is entirely unfair especially for those who though the National Insurance system was just that an insurance one - which it clearly isn't !

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Are you looking to start a campaign about this please, because you've posted on the Campaigns forum?

Sadly, a lot of people think that the NI system is insured. For as long as I remember, it has just been an extra tax. There is no fund to pay pensions, this year's pensions are paid from this year's contributions.

The name is confusing, I agree.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum