Data Protection - Car Park Photos

cbkernow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although this relates to photos taken in a car park, it is not a parking related issue, it has already been discussed din the parking forum, it is specifically the Data Protection aspect I am interested in. So please don't move to Traffic forum :-)

Local supermarket used to use ANPR cameras to control parking and anyone staying over 2 hours was sent a "fine".

New system, customers are given a code at checkout which they need to use on machine outside store to "cancel" parking charges, by entering registration number and code - thus proving they made a purchase in store.

But the relevant bit: The system requires users to enter the last 3 digits of reg plate, system then shows image of cars that match along with registration, potentially face of driver and time of arrival. It uses a bit of fuzzy logic to show other vehicles it thinks you might mean, eg type in ABC it also shows A8C etc.

So my question, the camera on the gate is essentially CCTV, those images are therefore protected surely, and allowing others to see the images taken of me, my car and the details of when I arrived are surely not permissible?

I haven't been "caught out" by the system and the discussion in the traffic forum suggests its a totally unenforceable "invoice" anyway, but interested to see what others think in the DP aspect of it?