Rejecting a car under SOGA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I shouldn't just yet, if you think you need some legal advice, just shout and I will put a marker on you

I would like some please just to confirm i am doing everything correctly and where i currently stand ect....

Sorry you've not had any legal advice so far.

Your first post seems to explain the whole problem quite well so I suggest you base your draft POC on that, post it here, and see if we can get more advice for you.

BTW it doesn't have to be written in legalese. :-)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update,

the car has now failed even more so,

Ive had a qualified mechanic take a look and there is oil literally seeping into where the spark plugs are, quote to fix properly over £600.

The car is no longer in a driveable condition.

Mechanic agreed this is not normal wear and tear for a car of this age and mileage and has agreed to be a witness or write a witness statement for court purposes.

I have emailed the garage one last time informing them of the above and there responsibilities under SOGA ect..

. and that the LBA email i sent them has now expired

so unless they are willing to refund before monday at 9am then court papers will be issued.

I have a few questions if someone can clarify with some certainty.

I have now owned the car for just over 6 months but the garage was aware of the fault just 3 weeks after purchase,

they had it back for repair which they failed to do properly and it failed again.

Does it matter that it is now just over 6 months since purchase.

The garage has offered to buy the car back for the trade value of £500 (although that offer was made when the car was still driveable)

does this matter that i rejected this.

I tried to get the point across i don't want to sell the car back to them, i want to return it under SOGA,

if the car was working i would not be wanting rid.

The garages attitude to everything is 'wear and tear' but i now have a mechanic who is willing to rubbish this suggestion.

Im nervous about taking court action but have no other choice, im £1300+ out of pocket, no money left, no car, 2nd child due in 3 days.

Can i also claim on the court paperwork interest, oil, tax, loss of work, stress ect...

And ultimately, what are my chances of winning do you think.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Is it against the law for me to go to a garage with signs and banners and stand there holding them, My thinking is as long as i don't step on there land or personally approach customers first or swear then its fine, its a peaceful protest.

Hi tezza,

Have a look at the info on the Liberty site >>> http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/the-right-of-peaceful-protest/

It should tell you most of what you need to know.

Mike

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

The funniest one I ever saw was a car locked up just outside of the gates of a local Arnold Clark. They were obviously trying to shirk their responsibilities about a water leak.

Sign on the window of the car asked anyone viewing for some goldfish as the car was so damp inside. Detailing a list of Arnolds excuses about faults.

You would have the right to "pass and repass". this means you can walk up and down the road but not stand still outside the premises of your garage.

You could also try offering the garage's prospective customers free lemons, they might like the analogy.

So i could walk up and down the road where the garage is with a sign/banner and give away lemons to customers.