Re: Vodafone affecting my credit score ** SUCCESSFULLY RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to Zoe, CitizenB and Lee for this thread.

I have followed the advice offered by CitizenB and would kindly request Lee to review my situation and my e-mail with my concern/complaint/request.

Case Reference: WRT135-CAG Forum [#11821186]

Basic details: an ex was allowed to extend her mobile contract under my name, even though I had contacted Vodafone months before to ensure this could not happen. Vodafone provided me with a code that I could give her so she could transfer the phone into her own name, but instead Vodafone allowed her to renew the account under my name without my knowledge or consent.

This resulted in late payments and Vodafone stating she had to see out the contract for the 2 years (under my name). Frustratingly after another 2 years Vodafone did the exact same thing again. After the second time I fought harder as I could not go through the same thing again, this time a customer service rep went through the notes, saw my instruction and agreed that Vodafone had made an error (both times).

Applying for a mortgage, I've now seen that this issue has caused a serious mark on my credit file and I would like Vodafone to kindly notify the Credit reference agencies of the error.

Lee, I do hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Darryn

Lee doesn't appear to be online at the moment, I am sure he will pick up your reference number as soon as he can :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I feel your pain :( hope you successfully get this sorted out. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with Vodafone over my similar situation. As a single mortgage applicant my credit file is very important as you can imagine. I've lost the house I wanted to buy, having leased my other property to tenants I'm now homeless, had to move back into my parents (with 2 children in tow too!!!!(

Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed vodafone get this sorted, instead of ruining our future. Good luck ! Zoe

Re: Vodafone credit issue. (WRT135-CAG Forum [#11821186]

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the call on Monday, much appreciated.

Apologies, as I don't have any other way of contacting you I have resorted to posting here.

You stated that you would be looking into this and would get back to me.

I was just wondering if there has been any progress or if you could update me at all?

I am trying to re-mortgage in November and I know these things take time to clear through the system.

Thanks again for your assistance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Darryn

• 1 month later...

Just want to say a massive thank you to Lee from Vodafone for following up and dealing with my case. He has kept me informed all the time and he has resolved my issue. I really wasn't expecting it to be resolved so quickly.

Lee could I ask if you could just e-mail me the outcome so that I can inform the credit reference agencies (if they haven't or don't update the records as they should).

Also, Citizen B, thank you for flagging my issue to Lee and for helping me with my post on this forum.

ZoeRiddi, I also hope Lee managed to help you like he did for me.

Kind regards all,

Darryn

dfrostie, excellent - I am pleased this has now been resolved. I will amend your thread to show this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D