CFO drained my Lloyds account - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly the same has happened to me and it still hasnt cleared in my account so wont be able to do anything! Have you had any luck?

No luck whatsoever. The money is still pending on my statement and they won't do anything till it has cleared. A bit like saying we can't stop the burglar till they have actually stolen your money and spent it. Absolute clowns. Banks have way too much power and just seem to think our money is theirs.

Banks think they have power because people dont complain. Seriously. You need to be on their backs every day.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Spoke to Lloyds regarding mine this morning and was told point blank that they cant do anything I have an outstanding loan with CFO. I tried to speak to a manager or the complains department and the woman said no manager was available and she will log the complaint herself. Im so fed up.

Your bank is breaking the law. Get complaints going and contact the fos and fca

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I really need the money back now though as im now overdrawn, I sent an email complaining yesterday morning and I have had nothing back. Are you able to tell me which law and regulations they are breaking?

I have had the exact same response, I have also complained and they said there is nothing they will do as they can see that I have taken a loan out with the company. They are sending me the final comments or whatever they call it and told me to go to FOS if I arent happy with their decision. They are useless!

Exactly the same for me. I will be complaining to FOS but I dont think I will get it sorted and have no idea how I will get through to the end of the month.

Found this on FCO website http://www.fca.org.uk/static/documents/fsa-your-rights-for-common-banking-problems.pdf

States "Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction. Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction or if your bank can prove you were at fault"

In my case I did not give the bank details to CFO they acquired them like a common thief, so will be pursuing this angle with the bank and as previously stated going for a winding up order against CFO.

You need to be getting a complaint in to the FCA stating what the bank is doing. However, it would greatly help your case if you got it in writing from the bank that they wont cancel the CPA.

ALso remember, that if the money is a significant sum, you can issue a lba and then follow it up immediately with small claims action. As soon as the court papers land on the desk of the head office, they will shift into gear. If you choose to do this though, be ready to go to court if necessary. It would be an open and shut case that is pretty much a guaranteed win for you, and theyll most likely settle out of court anyway.

Thank you for yur help. My payments total only £200 (which I know isnt as much as yours) so I dont think this is an option for me. I shall be writing to the bank again but I am waiting for my final response letter should have been sent today and then I can complain to FOS. Do I complain to FCA also?

Yes. Fca in a full complaint. Include all written evidence that your bank sent.

• 3 months later...

own thread created.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...