HSBC/Lowell

Nicola19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am hoping for some advice regarding 2 debts with HSBC.

As i am aware from reading these forums i will be careful how much info i post regarding dates and amounts etc.

1st debt - credit card defaulted April 08 - £2300, i've paid bits here an there balance currently £2100 they keep threatening CCJ, door step collection etc. I tried to enter into a payment plan but they weren't happy with what i was offering so i just pay the odd amount here and there for now to keep them at bay.

2nd debt - bank account/overdraft - defaulted March 08 £600 - never had any contact off anyone, but i am sure as there is approx 6 months left before SB i know doubt will have someone chase me soon.

What i need to know is how do i go about finding out how much of these debts are stupid charges, penalties etc as i want to claim these back, i don't have a problem paying any debt i have run up but when they add charges for the fun of it that i will not accept.

If someone can advise what i should be doing next is SAR the best course of action?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, Statute Barred = 6 clear years with no payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of a debt.

First and simplest way to get some information on these accounts is to check credit reference files : Equifax & Experian have free 30 day trials, Noddle (Call Credit) is free but not always up to date.

You need to know the default dates and if possible the date of the last payments on the accounts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

I know the exact dates of the defaults i just didn't want to share this in case anyone from Lowell was looming ;)

The credit card is the debt i have been paying bits off, but the overdraft i've never had anyone chase me on that, so hoping to hold tight for the next 6 months then it will be SB.

Just wanted to know if it was worth doing a SAR on the credit card or will this alert them to the overdraft account?

Don't worry about Lowell, we need to know the dates to advise easily.

When did you last make a payment on the card account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

card defaulted - 15/4/08 unfortunately i've made a token payment within the last month as other half was starting to panic due to them sending constant demands and threatening ccj, certainly don't need another one of those!

overdraft defaulted - 13/3/08 - no contact as yet regarding this one.