style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_015 2&SUBSYS_844D1043&REV_0 9
Display Memory: 836 MB
Dedicated Memory: 224 MB

For a comp with those specs, i wouldnt pay more than 80-100 max for a barebones system.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that our comp? it has 2 MG? Ram, think hard drive is 500? but will check, sorry this is Sandy ( Bobs o/h ) and comp is mine! it cost me over £200

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

500 hard drive and 2 of ram, purchased October 2013

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Personally i think its way overpriced, but then again, everything in pcworld/currys normally is. Lets forget about the price for now and concentrate on getting it fixed. Have you been into the store and spoke to the knowhow 'technicians' ( and i use that word VERY loosely)? Perhaps take the comp there, dump it on the desk and tell them " No more messing around please. Fix it or refund me."

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi, Sandy again, sorry Pete is at work

no I have not as the nearest store is some way from me and Pete has the car to get him to work, my pictures have suddenly appeared back but the black screen is now very frequent as is the crashing and being slow.

Well, if you want my advice ( apart from getting a full refund for a vastly overpriced computer), i would DEMAND that knowhow take it in and fix it, else you will take action against them. Before you do that, make sur eyou backup your pictures and documents as the muppets at knowhow tend to forget to perform a basic backup, and simply wipe the system and start again.

thanks Renegadeimp, I am intending doing just that, today the comp has been so slow and crashing a lot

no, I have my own monitor, I have decided enough is enough as after today of it constantly freezing, crashing, screen going black etc etc I am boxing it back up and returning it for A: a full refund or B: a new one, I assume I have rights to do this?

Definitley. I would get a full refund though. Youve bought a barebones system at double the real price.

thanks, cost £249.99

For 250 you could get a quad core 945 system or a low end i3.

Both would be 4-5 x more powerful than the one you had

I live in a village so have to travel to get to places that sell computers so not sure where to try thank you everyone who has helped and adviced me and put up with us!

Have you tried companies such as scan, or some family run companies? You give them a price, and they see what they can build for you for the price. For example, i built my own i5 2500k system and it cost 620 total. My comp is around 50x more powerful than yours for just over double the price.

thanks, I have a limited budget but will have a look

as well as having a black screen it is now also going blue!

Get it to the shop. If its blue, then its a critical system error.

yes, it was already installed, it came with the mouse and keyboard, my monitor is an acer which I have had no trouble with,

ok, that's something (a win 8 o/s on its own costs 90 odd quid to buy separately.)

so, they installed it, they can fix it in store (if would be helpful, maybe take a copy of support emails telling you to reset etc?)

Edited by Ford

I do not have a printer Ford as did not get round to buying one but am sure have saved their emails

I have been digging and found that a lot of people have bought items from Curry's/ PC world only to find out they are not new at all! this is disgusting but I thought it was strange I have stuff on my comp that seems to have been put on before I purchased it!

the latest email from them

Thank you for your email regarding your Asus PC. Ref: 3379227446.

I would recommend following Richards advice and run a factory reset on the laptop if you haven?t already. I have read through the previous emails and the symptoms that have been described do look to be software related rather than hardware related. Running the factory reset would reset all of the software and therefore should resolve the problems.

If it did not resolve the problems then knowing the software was running on its default settings would indicate a hardware fault. In which we would be able to offer a repair under the manufacturer?s warranty.

If you chose to return to the store I can not guarantee a refund or an exchange at this point as this will be at the store manager's discretion. The computer is outside of the 21-day faulty items returns policy and no hardware fault has yet been confirmed.

You can contact us either via email or by telephone on 0800 0665 833, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Knowhow Technical

can not even get it right as it is a desktop computer!

They also talk about warranties when you are covered under soga.