Gaz Vs HSBC

Gazp2k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just about to send my DPA letter asking for my statements, to HSBC bank.

Wish me Luck,

I can remember a few years ago - they let me go about £300 overdrawn (I didnt have a overdraft) and my wages only just covered it, which ment I was over again by the end of the month.

I asked for a overdraft and they REFUSED :mad: - and was charging me about £70 a month for about 4 months :mad: .... Lets hope I can claim it back :lol:

Hello Gaz and Welcome.

Wait until you get your statements and go through them thoroughly, you may be surprised!

You can claim these charges back as long as it was not more than six years ago.

Come back and ask any questions you may have and in the meantime keep reading the site and in particular here, the HSBC forum in order to find out about what others have done.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Thanks for the welcome,

should I wait for the statements by post, or could I just as easliy use the ones that are online?

The online ones are fine (that's what I did) you can download them or print them off, whichever's easier.

:grin:

HSBC Prelim letter sent - 04.10.2006 - £1,740

HSBC LBA Sent - 23.10.2006

HSBC MCOL submitted - 08.11.2006

HSBC Breakdown sent to DG - 10.12.2006

A&L Credit Card S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - 23.10.2006

A&L Credit Card Prelim letter sent - 10.12.2006 - £1,697.90

ok, thanks...

I have just checked all my statements and now have a total of £814 of charges :eek:.

should I still send them the DPA letter asking for my statements? or should I just send the next one?

:grin: Thanks everyone - your great help

ok, thanks...

I have just checked all my statements and now have a total of £814 of charges :eek:.

should I still send them the Data Protection Act letter asking for my statements? or should I just send the next one?

:grin: Thanks everyone - your great help

If you're confident you've got all the charges for the last 6 years then I'd send your prelim letter now, otherwise you're looking at adding another 40 days to your timescales! Good luck!

HSBC Prelim letter sent - 04.10.2006 - £1,740

HSBC LBA Sent - 23.10.2006

HSBC MCOL submitted - 08.11.2006

HSBC Breakdown sent to DG - 10.12.2006

A&L Credit Card S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - 23.10.2006

A&L Credit Card Prelim letter sent - 10.12.2006 - £1,697.90

• 1 month later...

well, HSBC didnt respond to my first prelim letter (what a surprise), so I sent my LBA last week and they have till tuesday to reply.

I have not heard of them yet and read on here that a helpful reminder by e-message could speed things up a gear!.

Got this e-message back today

"Dear Mr Phillips

Thank you for your e-message dated 23 November 2006.

I note from our records that the relevant department is currently probing into your concerns regarding charges levied to your account over the last 6 years. Please be assured that my colleagues will contact you with a full response once their investigation is completed.

They will be in touch shortly.

Yours sincerely

Heidi Daniels

Manager Customer Credit Services"

they only have 2working days left

:D .any one heard of "heidi" befour?

i'm sure she earns a nice living writing e-messages to irate customers -

just another stalling tactic, although it was nice you got any reply at all as so many get zip right through the process until they file.

my advice: take the time from now til tues to get familiar with the mcol process - it really is very easy. register with them now - you'll have your own little space with them, you can come and go as you please. set it up,

put hsbc's main address (from your statements - canada sq.) and move right the way through to the particulars of claim. it is very condensed so you need to make a general claim - see templates in the library - or a few have posted theirs - i'd be happy to post mine again for you to copy.

be sure you have every last charge and interest on that charge that you want to claim for (just totals needed on the claim - but it would cost you to change the totals after you actually file). get it all ready and then when the 14 days have passed, you will be ready to pay the fee and file at the click of a button. good luck - you are very close to a payout.

also, bears remembering - there often comes a reduced offer just after you have filed - but by that time you have added your 8% + your mcol fee + plus daily interest; so, you would want to reject that offer and hold out for 100%. as long as i have your attention, i'll just carry on. a new trend has been developing.... after you file, in about a week, you will probably receive from the court the papers saying that hsbc have acknowledged your claim and intend to defend. on that paper are contact details - person and address for dg solicitors. at that time - send them a breakdown of your charges. this has really hurried the process by about 2 weeks in quite a few cases. so...forget heidi and just carry on...keep posting.

I was sitting behind my door today waiting for the postman to come! as today is the last day for HSBC to contact me!.

I got 1 letter - my pin for my "parachute" account haha :D .

Should I file my MCOL now (I have the money and off work today) or wait till tomoz ???? .

Thanks

just finished my MCOL :o - nows the time I get scared LOL !!.

When do I send my spredsheet with updated charges to the courts/bank???

had a notice of issue sent to me, saying the have till the 18th to reply!

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting a little worried now, so any help will be really apreacted.

I have sent all the letters to my bank and have not got 1 respose back - not even a automated response :-| .

I have now filed my MCOL which is now !Acknowledged(01/12/2006)! they have 28days to reply!

when do I do my QA and also when do I send my Updated spreadsheets off?

thanks for any help

I assume you mean AQ, not QA.......this will come once the defendant has filed their defence.

Don't be supprised at not receiving any responses, a lot of people don't, the fact that your claim has been acknowledged proves you hav'nt been forgoten.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

and don't be surprised if they don't file a defense until 11:59 on the night before the judgment would be due - that would be par for the course.

so, when you receive you court docs. saying they have acknowledged ( a few days after it shows on the mcol site), on the second page they will most likely have ticked intend to defend claim in full, use the name of the person at dg given there and send your breakdown (yes, again) and a quick cover letter saying - here is a breakdown - claim no. XXXXXX.

then it's just wait, the day you filed - add 5 days and then add 28 days to that - that is how long they have to file a defense - and if that 28 lands on a holiday - add another day. then see sentence 1 in this post again.

:D just got a letter today offering me £690 from 771.75.

what im going to do is accept the offer, but only as part payment, am I right in thinking that if I do this I will get £690 in a week?? ;).

forgot to mention that im now pursuing £1000 after ive added interest

s the offer from colin langdale and hsbc or is it from dg solicitors?

if it is from hsbc - it is in response (belatedly) to you lba. you can send a rejection letter (template in library) and tell them you will accept it as partial ......

that you have now filed a court claim - case no........

and they you have filed for xxxxx. plus interest.xxxxx plus court costs.xxx

and will require total xxxx to halt your claim.

you will now have to wait to hear from their solicitors - this offer will probably never be spoken of again.

if the offer is from dg. then, yes, you are probably only one week away from your money. send the rejection letter and tweak it to your needs and give them the totals as above. send it to whomever made the offer, again recorded delivery.

so, who sent the offer????

Its from HSBC!

im abit worrid about this paragraph

claimed for £771.75 - offered £690

"We are not prepared to refund your ATM charges as those charges are imposed by other service poviders in releation to you using their ATM machines".

this is a list of my charges - which are ATM services???

01 Feb 2003 - Total Charges = £18.00

01 April 2003 - Total Charges = £72.00

01 Jun 2003 - Total Charges = £72.00

02 July 2003 - Total Charges = £36.00

01 Aug 2003 - Total Charges = £36.00

01 Sept 2003 - Total Charges = £36.00

01 Nov 2003 - Total Charges = £36.00

02 Dec 2003 – Total Charges = £72.00

01 Jan 2004 – Total Charges = £36.00

01 Feb 2004 – Total Charges = £54.00

03 March 2004 – Total Charges = £54.00

01 April 2004 – Total Charges = £54.00

02 May 2004 – Total Charges = £18.00

18 May 2004 – Total Charges = £36.00

22 Jun 2004 – Charges = £10.00

16 Jul 2004 – Charges = £1.75

31 Aug 2004 – Charges = £30.00

01 Nov 2004 – Charges = £30.00

01 Aug 2005 – Charges = £10.00

02 Mar 2006 – Charges = £10.00

02 Nov 2006 – Total Charges = £50.00

Total Charges = £771.75

i'm thinking maybe that 16 jul 04 for 1.75. go back to your statements and see if it has atm somehow identifying it. if so, guess you'll have to take it out of the breakdown. it's the only thing i can see that i think can possibly be an atm charge.

so, reading back - i'd send a letter to that person saying i would accept as partial...(use template), adding i now require, xxx+xxxint+xxx court cost = totalxxxx to halt my claim.

and to dg: i assume you've received your acknowledgment by now, right?

if not, you will very shortly, and on pg 2 is the box where dg ticks "intend to defend fully". send a cover note and a breakdown to dg saying - please find enclosed my revised breakdown of charges and put the totals on again. on the breakdown, if you decide that the 1.75 is what the other letter is referring to, i'd be tempted to cross that charge off in red ink and subtract 1.75 from the total, i think i'd put in a star* by that charge and at the bottom put a * and then put £1.75 ATM charge inadvertently added, now removed. - how totally petty they are if they wrote a whole paragraph about a 1.75 charge.

all clear?

• Haha 1

Yeah all clear now lol - thanks alot.

that was the only one I throught it could be, but on my statements it also had ATM £1.50 - which i throught could be a ATM charge HAHA :D.

thanks for all the advice, really apreciate it

Good luck gaz!! xx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

HAHA - i went into my local HSBC today and this guy who works there was like - "Hi, havnt seen you in years, last time I seen you you was this big (waves his hand about a meter off the floor). how old are you now?"

I wounder if they know and are just being EXTRA nice :grin: :grin: - i've never even seen him before

• 4 weeks later...

allow me: when is your aq due? have you had any contact with dg - did you send them a breakdown? did you ring to see if they had received it?

here's some info for you:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

and a question i asked bong:yes, bong - been meaning to ask - does it mean just copy out that letter and attach to the n150/N149 along with it, anything else to do with it??

or is it the answer to one of the questions on the aq.

and her answer:

if its an N149 AQ at G (other information) write

I believe that the case will last no longer than one hour.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the attached draft direction be made into an order.

I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

If its an N150 AQ, at F tick yes and then no, and at H write the same text as above, but not the line about the case lasting for one hour as this has been answered elsewhere in the questionnaire.

You then attach the draft direction, making sure you have added your own case and court name and claim number etc.