Starting your own business

biggeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Currently looking into starting my own business and had a mentor meeting at JCP with a guy from chamber of commerce who raised a question of legality.

I am planning on running a computer repair service from home and offer a same day service for customers who drop off the computers rather than me picking them up.

This guy I spoke to yesterday stated that I wouldn't be able to do that, I would not be able to have customers dropping off their computers/laptops etc..

I have looked online and cannot find any information regarding this other than the council regarding the change of the property usage.

This isn't an issue since the room I will be using as a workshop is the cellar which I am in the process of fitting out and was never used for any purpose.

The vehicle traffic would not be much higher and I have parking for at least 4 vehicles off the main road.

Anyone know who I need to contact to find out more information, Is it the Council regarding the business?

Regards

George

Probably insurance reasons. Ive had my own repair business for a few years and although its dormant right now , getting the correct insurance was a pain.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D