Nationwide reducing o/draft limit

daisy72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have an over draft with nationwide for 1,800. Yesterday i received a letter from nationwide saying that they are reducing my overdraft to 1,100. At present i am in my overdraft 1,791 and in a panic. I'm not sure what will happen will I be charged the interest of 50p a day or is it worth me asking for a repayment plan and asking for the account to be closed. My tax credit payment get paid into this account and now i'm wondering if i should ask for payments to be paid into another account advice would be very much appreciated.

I would never ever trust a bank, anything they come up with or change is for their benefit only and always to the detriment of the customer.

I can't see how they can move the goal posts and then claim to anything, but it's a bank.

Personally I would move my account. If you look through the threads on the Nationwide, they seem to be one of the poorest at customer service and the best at coming up with ideas on how to rip people off.

If they should claim £700 is 'unauthorised' overdraft and add extra charges, you can tell them where to get off and refuse to pay the extra charges.

Yes do and promptly. They may well have no intention of adding extra charges. If they say no charges will be added, then follow that up with a recorded delivery letter so you have it in black and white or record the phone call. You don't have to tell them you are recording.

would it be worth my while contacting nationwide and explaining my situation?

Thanks for the reply.

What date would this take effect from daisy...what options have they provided within the letter to enable you to bring the balance in line?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...