Outrageous Residents Parking Enfoecement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

For approx 8 years now I have had a space in a council locked car park which I pay a weekly rent for. There are numbered spaces which you have allocated to your vehicle. you must provide MOT and owner info showing that the vehicle is roadworthy etc.

You are given a permit and in the entire time of my occupation it has never been either checked or indeed enforced.

( We have always had issues with access being blocked by twats parking in front of the gates on a yellow cross hatching and double yellow lines etc. They get away with it frequently on an almost daily basis. The thing is clearly marked and you would need to be blind and stupid to not realise what it is. )

Until recently.

It has now been allocated to a Private Company. New permits were issued and new signs put up.

In the last 2 weeks I have had 3 tickets for not displaying my permit. One poor lady has had a ticket for parking incorrectly.

I have done my research and appealed the first ticket. i gave the second one back to the attendant and told him...not to stick anything else to my windscreen and further not to force my wiper out of position as they are electronically positioned with rain sensors etc.

He ignored me and came back with stronger glue which Ii cannot get off and is now damaging my passenger side wiper.

Along with this I had my car MOT'd and as I know the guy professionally he told me that it would be perfectly reasonable for it to fail...due to significant driver view obstruction on the windscreen.

I have told all this to my local council. A manager answered my call when I phoned to complain.

His response was to remove me from the car park for no other reason that they need the space back.

He was rude, arrogant and dismissive and when I stated that I was prepared to go to court for the tickets and the damage to my vehicle he said..' yeah, i like your style'.

I was dumbfounded.

Where do I go from here.

I am uncontrollably angry and l want to go tot he council office and knock this Piers Morgan right out. which wont get me anywhere.

You asked him not to serve the ticket by placing it under the wiper, so he used some sticky method? Are you saying it's impossible to get the sticky stuff off? What have you tried?

What led them to remove your car? Surely if you have a new permit, you are entitled to park there?

You asked him not to serve the ticket by placing it under the wiper, so he used some sticky method? Are you saying it's impossible to get the sticky stuff off? What have you tried?

What led them to remove your car? Surely if you have a new permit, you are entitled to park there?

Yes its just about impossible to get it off. It has now wrecked my wiper blade and interfered with the electronic positioning of my wipers.

They have not removed my car....just told me to vacate the space by friday and return my key and permit...because 'they require it back'.

In response I requested an appointment with a manager having submitted a complaint.

I was informed that complaints take t least 10 working days. I then asked that surely if there were to be some form of investigation then I should be allowed to keep the space until the matter has been investigated and concluded.

I asked for them to let me have an asnwer by close of playbtoday.

No response.

I have now emailed informing them that as I have not been contacted within the agreed time then I am exercising my right to assume that my request has NOT been refused

you say its a council owner car park. who is ticketing the cars council or private company. how do you rent the space is it on a weekly monthly or do you have a contract etc. i know you pay weekly what i,m getting at is do you have a tenancy type agreement

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

They have not removed my car....just told me to vacate the space by friday and return my key and permit...because 'they require it back'.

Why? There's nothing in your original account which would indicate why they would take such a drastic action.

UPDATE......The 'space' is rented in my wifes maiden name and we have never bothered to change it. It used to be in my name but I am not on the tennancy.

So now they have played their trump card and refuse to discuss it with me further. They require my vehicle out by friday and they will be writing to my wife about the tennancy. They are also writing to her about the tennancy regarding my occupation of the property. I am not on it.

This has gone way beyond rediculous. I have been parking there for over 8 years.

Residents are being persecuted and those parking on double yellows and blocking the entrance to the carpark are getting away with murder.

It would really help if you would give the essential facts. On the basis of your last post, I now think the problem is that it's her parking space, but your car - which is a problem because as far as they are concerned, you don't live there.

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of your arrangements, but would it help to register the car to her instead? It would take a little while to sort out, but would possibly resolve the parking problem.

It would really help if you would give the essential facts. On the basis of your last post, I now think the problem is that it's her parking space, but your car - which is a problem because as far as they are concerned, you don't live there.

So what would happen if she had mates staying over ? The parking space is being payed for, does it really matter who parks there as long as it with the bill payers permission ?

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of your arrangements, but would it help to register the car to her instead?

And then you have to negotiate all the ins and outs of insuring a vehicle that is not registered to you but you own, and I'll bet the insurance would go up :)

Pete

So what would happen if she had mates staying over ? The parking space is being payed for, does it really matter who parks there as long as it with the bill payers permission ?

I've no idea. You'll need to ask the council things like that. Like I said, you need to give the facts - is what I said right, about your position?

And then you have to negotiate all the ins and outs of insuring a vehicle that is not registered to you but you own, and I'll bet the insurance would go up :)

Yes, you would, if you want to try and get around the problem - assuming the issue is as I suggested.

Sorry, but you're not making it clear where the problem actually lies. Is it right that they are refusing to allow the car to park there because they say it belongs to someone they consider to be a non-tenant (you)?

There seems to be a lot of negativity and quite rude arrogant responses to my posts. I have like any other user posted as much detail as possible.

I have posted an update which is written as clearly as possible.

What else can I do.

I could do the same and put scarcastic comments about the responses to my posts but I dont.

If you want facts the you too should be using facts instead of criticising other users which is not constructive at all.

We are all supposed to be on the same side here and as long as we behave like this...then we will continue to get ripped off at every turn.

Enough said.

Does anyone have any constructive advice or would anyone actually like to know something pertinent.

OVER.

I did ask for facts at the start of the thread but you insisted all the relevant facts had been posted. If you think that's the case then that's your opinion but to be honest you have given no information of any use whatsoever. We know virtually nothing about the terms of your parking agreement, the parking tickets issued, who issued them, who owns the land, why you state its residents parking and then say its a locked car park? All we know for sure is that you are cross with the Council and the space was rented by your wife.

I am sure that you have off road council parking areas which are not subject to normal parking regulations, i.e. council car park for council flats. Is this the case with your vehicle. If so, they have the right to ask you to remove your vehicle as in a way it could be regarded as "private land" although council owned. Can't you get around it by getting your wife to sign the lease for the parking space?

I have posted an update which is written as clearly as possible.

Does anyone have any constructive advice or would anyone actually like to know something pertinent.

OVER.

If the car park is for tenants, and you are not considered to be a tenant, that could be the reason they are asking you to leave.