Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd (Advice)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a notice from Civil Enforcement saying they have evidence of me Parking at 77 Clarendon Road in Watford opposite the Watford Junction station. This is true.

I was there 11 minutes, and waiting in the car to pick someone up around 6pm on a Sunday.

What would be my best option, as I have read people tend to ignore these notices and nothing happens. It is for £150 or £75 if paid within 14 days.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first instance of this kind of fine.

Regards

Is this private land or public highway?

I believe private land as they charge to park there? I wouldn't really know though.

This is why I'm worried as I thought id be ok just pulling up for 10 minutes waiting to pick a friend up.

Alot of people on forums are saying ignore it but is it worth the risk.

Then you were not parked but waiting. Read their signs and see if they prohibit people waiting (cant see how, they might limit it to a certain time) and if there isnt anything specific then you can tell them that they cannot provide strict proof of parking and that the matter is now considered concluded.

Don't over think this, it is an unenforceable invoice and nothing more, you can ignore unless you are one of the very few who receive stamped official court papers which you must not ignore, but you do need to come back here for the standard defense which easily bats the PPC out of court.

Alternatively hover your mouse over the word ignore and consider if you want to send the prove contract, provide breakdown of costs letter or (if you want to play) go down the POPLA appeals route which is a way of appealing to an independent body (except they ain't) which costs the PPC some cash and is binding on them but not on the driver

A word of warning, we have had a flurry of new posters giving incorrect advice recently, you would do well to heed only established posters.

• 4 weeks later...
I was in a space. Engine ON. Hand brake ON. I was in the vehicle with 2 passengers also.

Majority are saying ignore, but I am too much of a worry wart and my luck I would end up coming off worse.

I have received a similar notice under similar circumstances - I was waiting in my car, in this same car park on a Sunday afternoon. The passenger I was waiting for was delayed, so my wait was 35 minutes duration. But at no point did I leave the car. The fee requested by Civil Enforcement Ltd is £100 (presumably they have reduced it to this limit to comply with current guidance on the quantum of "reasonableness"?

I was just wondering how you got on with your situation? Did you ignore, challenge or pay up?

I have received a similar notice under similar circumstances - I was waiting in my car, in this same car park on a Sunday afternoon. The passenger I was waiting for was delayed, so my wait was 35 minutes duration. But at no point did I leave the car. The fee requested by Civil Enforcement Ltd is £100 (presumably they have reduced it to this limit to comply with current guidance on the quantum of "reasonableness"?

I was just wondering how you got on with your situation? Did you ignore, challenge or pay up?

never pay up until the pope tells you/or a judge.

I would challenge. there are many interpretations of waiting compared to parking but to be honest it doesnt matter to you or them if you decide not to pay as they arent going to get the chance to argue.

CEL, as yet only threaten and then get Debt Recovery Plus to send you some more letters. If the wording of any future communication bothers you come back here with a new thread.

I would challenge. there are many interpretations of waiting compared to parking but to be honest it doesnt matter to you or them if you decide not to pay as they arent going to get the chance to argue.

CEL, as yet only threaten and then get Debt Recovery Plus to send you some more letters. If the wording of any future communication bothers you come back here with a new thread.

Thanks. I'm certainly not minded to pay them a penny.